Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Outside of the airport, it'll be interesting to see if they actually enforce this.
I believe the fine is around 1,000 if that's true the state stands to make some fast and easy cash if they decide to enforce the new state requirement. Currently CA. is cashed strapped.
In the last 18 months I have never displayed any Trade Dress. The jury is still out on whether I will continue to defy the new requirements or not. In addition I don't want to be made an example of by receiving one of the first tickets. I"ll see how it all plays out.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I'm going to display only the lift in the front and back. If I take a uber ride, I will show only that in front.

I'll just work around this for now. I'm not going to stick this new dress to my window. It's not even the correct one by the websit showing what should be displayed.

·
Registered
250 Posts
There was also I believe a $1000 fine when only one trade dress was required. At that time before 6/27/16 I observed many cars displaying the trade dress incorrectly? How many were cited then? I think the only place you might have an issue is in harbor police territory or airport.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just checking in from being banned second time this year! 2weeks at a time for using bass words............... NOT

·
Registered
113 Posts
We all know foober drivers brag about their most recent financial revenue high because it makes them feel better about working a crappie gig. It's ok to bask in fantasy from time to time. Be sure to ask Mr Wizard to wake you up pleasezzzz!
There's a helicopter over my house, no stickers on my car, I'm online. Nooo....

Your fellow drivers are the ones who care where the stickers are placed on your car, no one else gives a crap. That's Right, drivers will be the Aholes who rat you out.

We're not in competition with each other.
ppll

·
Registered
342 Posts
I saw one of the new Uber trade dress on the rear window of a car in Del Mar today. Oh man, did it every look ridiculous! I have no idea what it is supposed to represent and I don't think anyone else will either, not even the cops. I will keep my dual uber/lyft that I printed out from here on the front and if Lyft actually sends me another clear plastic holder, I will pop a dual on the rear. Should be good enough I would think. Btw when I just requested new trade dress from Lyft I asked for two because of the new law. I don't think the CSR had any idea even though I mentioned it twice to make sure I was getting two. Last reply, we are sending you a Lyft welcome kit in the mail, please stop using the temporary one you printed out blah, blah, blah FIST BUMP! :D

Just to say it again, the new trade dress as supplied by Uber looks like CRAP! I got two of them in the mail, like everyone else probably and nope, I will never put one on my car :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
There was also I believe a $1000 fine when only one trade dress was required. At that time before 6/27/16 I observed many cars displaying the trade dress incorrectly? How many were cited then? I think the only place you might have an issue is in harbor police territory or airport.
I have never heard (yet) of someone getting cited for no trade dress or improper trade dress. No trade dress maybe has happened at SAN, has anyone heard of anyone being cited for that?

As far as improper display, I doubt the cops really go into that much detail other than it is trade dress in your front window (and now rear window as well) in a good enough to see form. I think the absence of trade dress period is what is going to get you busted either at SAN or by the Harbor Police cuz they are kind of dicks that don't have a lot to do imo

·
Registered
342 Posts
So do the regs call for front/back or front/back with current trade design?
Maybe? That's what I was saying, the cops would have no idea of what is current or not and I don't really think they would try to hold anyone to that standard unless they were really dicks. I think the old U - the one that everyone recognizes - front and back would totally suffice.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Hmmm interesting. I sport neither. I'm going to laminate both emblems & toss them in the front/back when or if I do airport pickups. Other than than, I'll take my chances. I rarely see law enforcement bothering TNC drivers. I've seen SDPD drive right around illigally parked drivers here in North Park & not even bat an eye @ them. We'll see..

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Question for old timer drivers. Are you using the old Uber sign, laminated the Lyft/uber together or stick the new one one the front/back window.

I bet the stickers are the new drivers, not old

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I believe the fine is around 1,000 if that's true the state stands to make some fast and easy cash if they decide to enforce the new state requirement. Currently CA. is cashed strapped.
In the last 18 months I have never displayed any Trade Dress. The jury is still out on whether I will continue to defy the new requirements or not. In addition I don't want to be made an example of by receiving one of the first tickets. I"ll see how it all plays out.
[/QUOTe

One could always put the rear trade dress on the rear deck. Say it just fell, or a drunk was ****ing with it or whatever. If you were flying the front dress chances are you might skate. I doubt if many cops know it is a requirement. If SD wanted to have made easy money over cracking down on Uber/Lyft we would have known by now.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts