Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to do quest this weekend. On sat I did 26 trips in 11.5 hours and on sunday I tried to do the remaining 24 trips but I only recieved 6 trips in 4 hours. I realized that the algorythum was going to ween me along for the extra dollar per trip...possibly fall short for the bonus....is it worth it to work 24 hours for that extra dollar???

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Problem is there are too many ants chasing quest. All pile up outside train stations like Hoboken, or at supermarkets, where they expect to get short trips to meet the quest. That eliminates surge, and makes getting short trips more difficult.

A few weeks back, I met the 15 trip requirement for Quest. But this week, I noticed it was minimum 25 trips. I said forget it. No regrets.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Problem is there are too many ants chasing quest. All pile up outside train stations like Hoboken, or at supermarkets, where they expect to get short trips to meet the quest. That eliminates surge, and makes getting short trips more difficult.

A few weeks back, I met the 15 trip requirement for Quest. But this week, I noticed it was minimum 25 trips. I said forget it. No regrets.
Do you think that Goober does not know this? They plan these quests/boosts to draw drivers into areas that may turn red. The same holds true for their 2nd annual boost in Highlands NJ, DTS. That town is a town of 4000 people and a few locals bars, only 2 or 3 of which draw from outside the area, in maybe a 15 mile circumference. To put a 1.2 - 1.8 boost there was ludicrous, but I firmly believe it was meant to draw drivers into an area to be used as staging for other nearby towns. And it works, drivers sit and wait for that 1 in a million boost ride and in the meantime LB and AP will draw them out and down to areas that now will not surge.

·
Premium Member
11,637 Posts
I've posted it before. If the quest is $50 for 50 rides and you do 49, you will have missed out on the $50 entirely. Instead, use Waze and find a route that will tack on one or two miles to the trip without costing the Pax any additional time, and if you do 49 rides, you will get $49 +.

There was a time when the quests were worth it. Then came a time when it was questionable whether the quests were worth it. Now there is no question. They are not worth it.

Find another way to make more money. Sell emesis bags to drunk passengers for about $10 cash each, pointing out that a cleaning fee is $150.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Dont do Quest. Instead drive a couple of miles extra after u drop off pax. But only on a high surge of 3.0x or above. The extra mile will be ur tip or Quest money. Just dont do it too often.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
Dont do Quest. Instead drive a couple of miles extra after u drop off pax. But only on a high surge of 3.0x or above. The extra mile will be ur tip or Quest money. Just dont do it too often.
Without as doubt one of the dumbest pieces of advice given here.... unless you are trying to get deactivated.

·
Premium Member
11,637 Posts
Both Uber and Lyft track driver and pax phones. They can tell when you've dropped off. Use Waze and add a mile or so without adding too much time, and tell the pax it's faster. Most of the time it will be.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I am no expert and I am still relatively inexperienced as compared to many on here , some of whom give sound advice . What I have come to believe is Quest , Boost , Surge and Consecutive Trip bonuses are only psychological ploys to entice drivers to drive in conditions that they normally would not . They attach a lucrative sounding name , maybe some eye catching graphics and a minuscule reward .
I don't think these are directed at what everyone here calls the ants . These drivers will take any ping either way . They are either new and inexperienced or are stuck in the employer/employee mind set . In prior work experience they have had a boss tell them what to do so they do it . They don't have the mental capability , not always because they aren't intelligent , to break put of that mold .
These "missions" are to lure more experienced drivers , who should know better , to accept nuisance pings they normally would not . It works as evidenced by the constant flood of missed my quest new threads .

·
Premium Member
11,637 Posts
I am no expert and I am still relatively inexperienced as compared to many on here , some of whom give sound advice . What I have come to believe is Quest , Boost , Surge and Consecutive Trip bonuses are only psychological ploys to entice drivers to drive in conditions that they normally would not . They attach a lucrative sounding name , maybe some eye catching graphics and a minuscule reward .
I don't think these are directed at what everyone here calls the ants . These drivers will take any ping either way . They are either new and inexperienced or are stuck in the employer/employee mind set . In prior work experience they have had a boss tell them what to do so they do it . They don't have the mental capability , not always because they aren't intelligent , to break put of that mold .
These "missions" are to lure more experienced drivers , who should know better , to accept nuisance pings they normally would not . It works as evidenced by the constant flood of missed my quest new threads .
Surge can still be good, but you have to have a feel for it. Is there a justified reason for it? Does it seem as though the surge rate actually matches the reason?

There are certain days of the year that surge. There are certain events that surge (up to the driver to find them). You can make really good money if you know the days, times, and positioning necessary.

For quests, it's simply a matter of use your head. The example that was given recently of $50 for 50 rides it's just a dollar a ride. You're going to make yourself crazy and possibly miss it by one ride. My suggestion, which I got some other people at an earlier time and for different reason, of Simply adding a mile or so, the number of miles dependent on how long the ride is, to each trip will give you that extra dollar, or more for each trip. Now, you can sometimes find yourself in the middle of a quest and on the verge of making it. If that happens, fantastic. Now you will have made not only the additional money for adding miles, but also the quest. To plan on chasing Quest and depending on them, however, is chasing the carrot. You are almost never going to get it. Uber holds the cards. If they think too many people are achieving Quest, all they have to do is not give you that last ride until the time is up. Think that one over. You are in a contest against someone who has 100% of the control.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Quest is for those who require hand holding, a manipulating gamification of Uber that entices drivers who are anxiety ridden with FOMO. Drive smart, do your homework, learn your hunting grounds. It's not that hard folks, don't let Uber send you down a wild goose chase.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
This strategy will get you deactivated quick if use all the time. Once in a while is different story.

Quest is not worth it most of the time. Check if you are close to it, change your strategy to qualify it otherwise do not worry about it. Last 10 weeks I qualified twice. Each time they reduced the per trip reward.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Without as doubt one of the dumbest pieces of advice given here.... unless you are trying to get deactivated.
Totally understable. But how mant times have u had pax ask to drop off a block or 2 further. Or in an apartment complex thats not exactly on the dropoff location. Use it to ur advantage. Not all rides. But def on high surge rides. Not for everyone but it works for me. 3 yeats and going strong.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts