Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A long long time ago I wrote here about what Lyft needs to do to fix their scheduled right pickups for drivers. If they had listened at the time a ton of unnecessary pain could have been have been avoided for lyft passengers and drivers alike. Lyft should not take 8 months to introduce obvious improvements to their features.

Starting this week I've been getting pings for every single scheduled ride pickup no matter where I happen to be located at the time. The pings have come from nearby to as far as 40 miles and 60 miles away. I'm now able to sit in my house at 4am and wait for my scheduled ride rather than park next to the guys house and wait for the ping, uncertain if I will actually get it or not.

The result is that I'm driving more for Lyft and less for Uber this week. I am accepting more lyft pings and frustrating less lyft passengers who think a driver is close when in fact I will not accept their pings. When lyft gave my scheduled rides away before, I just waited for a 45 minute ping to get me where I wanted to go, and often those came from Uber while I literally let 20-30 lyft pings in a row go unaccepted.

Lyft needs to tighten this up a bit. I should not get a ping from 60 miles away when the guy needs picked up in 20 minutes. They can fix that, but the main message here is that lyft appears to have just improved their scheduled ride pickup feature immensely as long as the change sticks.

At least for me. Anyone else having a similar experience?

·
13,046 Posts
I have also noticed that this is working now whereas in the past it was not.
I had 'signed up' for over 100 rides and gotten NONE of the pings.
This week, I had signed up for 3-4 of them and gotten pinged for ALL of them.

The 'ping' also pings you for apparently 5 mins before it times out and sends it elsewhere.
So kudos to Lyft, finally.
I rarely say that.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have also noticed that this is working now whereas in the past it was not.
I had 'signed up' for over 100 rides and gotten NONE of the pings.
This week, I had signed up for 3-4 of them and gotten pinged for ALL of them.

The 'ping' also pings you for apparently 5 mins before it times out and sends it elsewhere.
So kudos to Lyft, finally.
I rarely say that.
Right! It is a different ping altogether, like a slow motion ping that take a long LONG time to timeout.

·
Registered
332 Posts
A long long time ago I wrote here about what Lyft needs to do to fix their scheduled right pickups for drivers. If they had listened at the time a ton of unnecessary pain could have been have been avoided for lyft passengers and drivers alike. Lyft should not take 8 months to introduce obvious improvements to their features.

Starting this week I've been getting pings for every single scheduled ride pickup no matter where I happen to be located at the time. The pings have come from nearby to as far as 40 miles and 60 miles away. I'm now able to sit in my house at 4am and wait for my scheduled ride rather than park next to the guys house and wait for the ping, uncertain if I will actually get it or not.

The result is that I'm driving more for Lyft and less for Uber this week. I am accepting more lyft pings and frustrating less lyft passengers who think a driver is close when in fact I will not accept their pings. When lyft gave my scheduled rides away before, I just waited for a 45 minute ping to get me where I wanted to go, and often those came from Uber while I literally let 20-30 lyft pings in a row go unaccepted.

Lyft needs to tighten this up a bit. I should not get a ping from 60 miles away when the guy needs picked up in 20 minutes. They can fix that, but the main message here is that lyft appears to have just improved their scheduled ride pickup feature immensely as long as the change sticks.

Who drives 60 miles for a pick-up

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
I don't think anyone drives 60 miles for a pickup, but it's nice to get first right of refusal for rides that I have already claimed. With 60mins until pickup Lyft would have plenty of time to find a closer driver if I don't accept the ride.

-----

As for what Lyft is doing different, it's actually always been that way here. I dont know about the ping timeout but I have always gotten my scheduled pickups no matter how far away I was.

Lyft will ping me early enough to be able to get there on time. This meant getting 30min pings when normally all pings are less than 10mins away. This is not desirable at times but better than not getting the ride ping at all.

-----

Based on how you describe things it sounds like if it is within a certain timeframe they are filtering out the usual pings you would normally be bombarded with so that you are free for your scheduled pickup.

It would be interesting to see if and when your car disappears from the rider app prior to getting your scheduled ping.
Fwiw one time I had my upcoming scheduled pickup added to my queue while on another ride, even though I was quite far away from the scheduled pickup.

·
Registered
507 Posts

Not sure they have this fixed. Sitting waiting to "sign on" for a scheduled ride because I didn't want to reject any rides that may come in while I'm waiting to accept the schedule one. Bang! No sooner on than Lyft shoots me a pax that is not the schedule ride. Of course, I don't accept it. Two minutes later, Lyft sends text message saying passenger cancelled the ride. Ride was scheduled for two day - long ride - from airport. What are the odds that pax cancelled three minutes before he was going to be charged? What? His flight didn't stop or something, just flew on over?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Right! It is a different ping altogether, like a slow motion ping that take a long LONG time to timeout.
Speaking of pings, mine are silent again. WTF Lyft? THEN you get pissy because I miss pings and there's no way to immediately notify you - because I'm already getting a ping from Uber.

Who drives 60 miles for a pick-up
I agree. Anything over 5-6 minutes? NOPE-dee-NOPE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts