Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Honestly, not much anymore. Once you learn the ropes, the best you'll average is $100-$150/day if you put in 12-16 hours. Weekdays are running less than $10/hr take home nowadays, before overhead costs. That is after the Uber fees and COH fees.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Honestly, not much anymore. Once you learn the ropes, the best you'll average is $100-$150/day if you put in 12-16 hours. Weekdays are running less than $10/hr take home nowadays, before overhead costs. That is after the Uber fees and COH fees.
HELLO! I am deciding whether or not I want to be an Uber driver in Houston...Only thing is I can really only work Mon/Wedn/Fri/Sun....will I make money or nah?...
No you will not make money.

·
Registered
981 Posts
With the rate cuts, drivers are really making pennies after deducting costs. With that said, you should be able to "make money" Mon-Thurs during the day. Fridays tend to be light if you drive downtown. I believe many people work 4-10's and take Friday's off. Obviously, things pick up on Friday evening thru the weekend.

·
Registered
201 Posts
HELLO! I am deciding whether or not I want to be an Uber driver in Houston...Only thing is I can really only work Mon/Wedn/Fri/Sun....will I make money or nah?...
Nah,Nope,No Way.Unless you call making 4/5 dollar/ hour making money.You will spend more time getting stuck in traffic than picking up fares.Answer is Nooooooooooooooooo......

·
Registered
74 Posts
Definitely not worth it. Last straw for me was them refusing to pay gaurantees that were owed me. Talked to some csr named matt. Takes him 3-4 days to respond each time, never fully answers my questions and refuses to send to a supervisor.

Not sure if anyone has had issues with same thing but thus guy is telling me weekday guarantees are calculated from 2pm until 11am the following day....so tph/acceptance rate/completion rate are calculated by splitting up over 2 days... no where in any of the info they have published about gaurantees does it say this, and everything I've seen says gaurantees run 24 hrs, but this isn't true either. There is 3 hours a day (11am to 2pm) that are not gauranteed.

3 different times they shorted me, had completely different numbers I had for tph etc, and now they are changing the rules for gaurantee qualification midstream.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Actually, it was quite good. It isn't your place to tell me what is good and what is bad for me! I had very few dead miles and only burned about 1/4 tank of fuel (about $7-8). Trips were easy and the pax were all five star. Even got tips that don't show on the statement. Seems like everyone is so anti-Uber on here that anything positive is like stabbing people in the eye with a sharp stick.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Actually, it was quite good. It isn't your place to tell me what is good and what is bad for me! I had very few dead miles and only burned about 1/4 tank of fuel (about $7-8). Trips were easy and the pax were all five star. Even got tips that don't show on the statement. Seems like everyone is so anti-Uber on here that anything positive is like stabbing people in the eye with a sharp stick.
If it works for you do it
If it doesn't don't.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
If you drive for Uber you must have no experience or an education that is worth anything a real job would look for in hiring
Now I see your post was edited as was mine so I have removed references to the old comments you made, at MY discretion in respect to the Mods:

No you are VERY wrong. There are some of us that hold not one but TWO degrees and may simply be between jobs,
(There is an Oil and Gas crisi you do realize?) or simply need the money for personal reasons. The reason we may drive is different in each scenario, however it comes down to survival. I guess you have always been "privileged" and obviously are not a driver, so why are you on this forum?
I can answer that, you are here to show your ignorance in this situation, and speak of nothing that you have experienced.

Further your profile reads: "I did this shit for a month before I landed a real job. I feel sorry for drivers who have nothing to fall back on."

You show empathy in that however you contradict it by assuming things about us?

RC

BTW your Veyron is Double parked. (Others will understand that comment)

·
Registered
87 Posts
There is an old saying "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing". People who try Uber for a short period of time and then think that they are experts are only fooling themselves . As was previously stated, the reasons we drive for Uber is a varied as there are drivers. No two are exactly alike. I'm nearing retirement and am learning Uber so that I can supplement my retirement income. I hold several degrees including post graduate. I have owned multiple successful businesses and do know what the bottom line means to any business. I have been driving, profitably, for the past five months and I still learn new things every day that help me earn more per hour and more per mile. I will agree that Uber is NOT for everyone. I think it would be hard to make a full time income driving X and XL, the same as it would be hard to support a family working at McDonalds. That doesn't mean that everyone who drives are fools, illiterate, or desperate. Some of us get enjoyment from driving and are enriched by the interaction that we have with our pax, and the income we generate is the icing on our cake.

Coming on this forum and painting with a brush that is too broad only illuminates the low level of thought and/or intelligence of the poster. It could also explain why Uber is having to constantly recruit new drivers!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.