No, the requests for xl aren't as frequent as x. I do xl only unless it is surging then I do x on surge. But it's hard to get a lot of pings just on xl. If you already have an xl like me then you can do like me but making lots of money on just xl is hard.
I drove UberXL last year for about 1 month. It is 100% not worth it!!!
1. The Uber 28% cut (really hurts)
2. Sometimes UberXL does not surge when UberX surges. As a result you can earn less money than if you did UberX
3. A Truck/Van Full of Drunks!!! - Enough said.
4. Additional Fuel Costs
5. Longer drives to pick-up locations. 15+ minutes, sometimes you are a few minutes away then they cancel, nice.
6. Fewer Pings
7. More Liability with 5+ passengers in your vehicle
Simply stated, it wasn't good for me, and it was more of a pain than anything. Good Luck
I do XL only, and I'd say that is actually is worth it. The longest ping I've ever had was 19 mins away, and fortunately the rider cancelled 30 seconds later (keeping my 100% acceptance rate for the week). The earnings when the commission is taken into account are a little more than twice those of X per ride. I usually clear $150 or so on a weekend night while only driving about 90ish miles. I cleared $100 last night from only 4 rides. I also frequently get XL requests from those that don't need XL.
A forum community dedicated to Uber drivers and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about taxes, documents, visas, travel, car care, finances, banking, maintenance, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!