Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think its possible personally but perhaps someone else with a lot of experience can shed some light on the situation. I live in Denver.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
After a few you're bound to get caught, but I like your gumption. Hope that works out for you.

And if your phone autocorrects "make" to "rape" you use the word "rape" WAAYYYYY too much and I think the police need to talk to you.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Denver X rate card:

Base Fare: $0.75
Per Minute: $0.13
Per Mile: $1
Cancellation Fee: $5
Service Fees: $1.95
Minimum Fare: $6.95

Making $50K gross is theoretically possible but, after Uber's cut that $50K is only $37,500, minus gas, maintenance, insurance and taxes.

Short answer....no.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
That's 50,000 paid miles at the current Denver rates.

You would need to drive a total of at least 100,000 miles during the year to do that. Average 273 miles a day. That's 15 hour days 7 days a week.

Possible, sure, but you'll have to hustle.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
You could rape 50k if you do UberPool. GangPool em till you reach that goal bro! Just a tip, you it like they do on the Disconvery Channel

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Id say its possible in every market, minus detroit, but that doesnt exactly say much. Some markets may require you to drive 100 hours a week to earn $1000 net with no down time. Ok, maybe you can take off 2 weeks.

$1000 a week isnt impossible but requires you to put it far more than 40 hours to achieve. Maybe some markets can get there at 70 hours, some at 60. If you drive Select or XL, maybe you could get there in 40.

But simple X in most markets? What i would recommend is driving saturday and sunday and taking a middle weekday off, like a tuesday or wednesday and on fri and sat make sure to sleep in and do the late night crowd.

You'll be tired to the bone by the time of year end but if this is your own chance...

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
I think its possible personally but perhaps someone else with a lot of experience can shed some light on the situation. I live in Denver.
First, 50,000 in 365 days requires nearly 137 people a day. You got your work cut out for you there. If you take one day off a week that number goes up to 160. It's hard to meet that many people in a day. Better take out a permanent personal ad on backpage looking for "partners."

In Denver may be harder too. More guns than many other large cities so you could get shot....or shot at, often. But marijuana is legal, so people may be mellower and you could avoid a few shots that way. Good luck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts