Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't driven for Uber in a while. Drunken Pax have broken things in my car, vomited, etc., and I'm done with other humans being in my vehicle. I've recently signed up for Uber Eats, but haven't started it yet. Is there a way to deactivate from Uberx and only do Uber Eats? Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I haven't driven for Uber in a while. Drunken Pax have broken things in my car, vomited, etc., and I'm done with other humans being in my vehicle. I've recently signed up for Uber Eats, but haven't started it yet. Is there a way to deactivate from Uberx and only do Uber Eats? Thanks in advance for any responses.
Send customer support an email or stop by your green light hub. Tell them you want to drop driving
They will probably tell you they have to deactivate you for a few days until it is set up.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
It may take a few emails but I have my account set up with 3 profiles: ubereats only, uberx only, and both. I woukd do that so you leave your options open. I do uberx if it surges, ubereats when uberx is slow. Sometimes both.

There was no resistance to getting it set up other than the CSRs not reading/understanding what I wanted. Going to a greenllght hub would probably be easier, but I didn't have to.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It may take a few emails but I have my account set up with 3 profiles: ubereats only, uberx only, and both. I woukd do that so you leave your options open. I do uberx if it surges, ubereats when uberx is slow. Sometimes both.

There was no resistance to getting it set up other than the CSRs not reading/understanding what I wanted. Going to a greenllght hub would probably be easier, but I didn't have to.
What I find funny, if they have the possibility of splitting up the options as UberX only, UberEats only and both, why not give that option to everybody that does both? Makes no sense to have it as a possibility but only offer it if asked

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I emailed the helpdesk and got this response within 30 minutes.

"Hi, Reed

Thanks for reaching out to us. happy to assist.

I have reviewed and updated your account to receive UberX alone and UberEats alone. Also you have both option together. Kindly log out and log in back of the app so that these changes will be visible on your end"

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a way to select either mode from the app, even after logging out and back in again. Can anyone tell me how it's done and/or what I'm missing?

*Edit:
Wow, they really must have it together now, as they've answered my follow-up question within 15 minutes!

"Sorry for extra steps here. No worries I'll make sure that everything is taken care of.
If you want to receive uberX and uberEATS requests, you can go online using the Nissan Versa (*********) vehicle option. If you want to receive uberX trip requests only, you can go online using the Nissan Versa (+********) vehicle option. If you want to receive uberEATS requests only, you can go online using the Nissan Versa (+1 ********) vehicle option."

Thanks again for the help, folks. U.P. is awesome.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes, Uber's driver support set me up with three settings: 1) Uber Eats only; 2) UberX only; and 3) Both. I agree with the other commenter and recommend that you have them set you up with all three so you have maximum flexibility. You might have a change of heart if it's surging at 5x or 8x and take a couple of passengers here and there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I kinda wonder why you'd want to. Unless someone knows something I don't, there aren't that many ubereats runs period yet. I have days sitting downtown for example logged in for hours even at lunch or dinner hours and get nothing !! Even with the new surge pricing they just started. I thought maybe it was just me but I ran into another driver at a pick up in the short north 3 weeks ago and he said the same thing, on a good day you get like 5-6 runs at lunch and maybe 3 -4 at dinner and that's it. That is staking out downtown or the short north-campus area during prime time hours. Unless Uber is selectively dispatching favoring senior drivers or something, dunno. We don't get to see that end of it. When I signed up a month ago Uber wanted me to work w/o a delivery bag, fortunately I have several already and it was good that I did, keeping food hot when its 30F outside is important. I think my 4th run ever had me picking up 3 pizzas at Thurman rd Donatos and hauling them 4 blocks up Wilson ave from the Donatos store fore $6. Good thing I have pizza bags. Ubereats has been pretty hit or miss for me so far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I emailed the helpdesk and got this response within 30 minutes.

"Hi, Reed

Thanks for reaching out to us. happy to assist.

I have reviewed and updated your account to receive UberX alone and UberEats alone. Also you have both option together. Kindly log out and log in back of the app so that these changes will be visible on your end"

The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a way to select either mode from the app, even after logging out and back in again. Can anyone tell me how it's done and/or what I'm missing?

*Edit:
Wow, they really must have it together now, as they've answered my follow-up question within 15 minutes!

"Sorry for extra steps here. No worries I'll make sure that everything is taken care of.
If you want to receive uberX and uberEATS requests, you can go online using the Nissan Versa (*********) vehicle option. If you want to receive uberX trip requests only, you can go online using the Nissan Versa (+********) vehicle option. If you want to receive uberEATS requests only, you can go online using the Nissan Versa (+1 ********) vehicle option."

Thanks again for the help, folks. U.P. is awesome.
I was looking in the app and din't find an option to create a new profile. \in order to do this do you need 3 different \uber accounts under your name? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was looking in the app and din't find an option to create a new profile. \in order to do this do you need 3 different \uber accounts under your name? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
I emailed Helpdesk and they took care of setting up the three options/accounts. Just let them know that you would like to have the option to UberX, Uber Eats, or both at once and they should be able to hook you up fairly quickly. Then, when signing in on the app, choose which you prefer at the time.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Know how to contact the help desk to create these 3 accounts? I can't find their email address...
There's no need to have the 3 profiles anymore, there is a new mode found in the destination filter screen (just click on the cog/gear), and there you can turn on/off different driving modes you are elegible for

1 - 12 of 12 Posts