Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved into a new building that is close to where a coworker (at my regular job) lives. He wants me to start giving him a ride to work each morning. I just found out that Lyft blocks you from giving rides to the same passenger over and over again (which I can't quite understand...). Does Uber do the same?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He gets his Uber rides reimbursed.

But also insurance, tracking, tax deductions, exchange of cash, guarantees, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
------ just found out that Lyft blocks you from giving rides to the same passenger over and over again (which I can't quite understand...).

Citation? The internet is full of BS Lyft "tips" from idiot Lyft "experts" My hunch is that someone confused the anti-daisy-chaining rule that Lyft has. Meaning you got a three $25 free ride credits? You can't use one driver for 1 $20 ride. End the trip. Then immediately re-ping him for a 2nd free ride. Turning 1 long $40 ride into two free <$25 rides.

OP should fine on Lyft as long as the pax isn't using free ride promo credits.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Gotcha. No you can give him weekly rides as long as you are the nearest car. So tell him to text you when he's ready and drive to his apt. Text him back that you are here. He goes to uber appp makes a request and you should 100% get the ping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts