Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be illegal? I mean it's not fair. You go over to a green hub and they actually encourage you to buy stuff for your passengers so that you can get good ratings. It's like Uber is encouraging us to tip the passengers! That's what we're doing. We're not getting tips, we're putting our cars to use and adding wear, and we're spoiling our passengers. They expect us to bend over our backs to give the pax what they want. We have to help them with their luggage, give them water, mints, let them talk as loudly as they want with profanity words. And not only that, but we get NO tip and we have to worry about getting a rating. SHAME!!

If the pax has the audacity to ask for a free water, why can't I charge? If I'm getting no tip, what's the difference? Do people not have any manners these days? I'm not gonna stand for this! This is a shame!!!

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's against Uber policy to sell things to your pax.
Well what if I say you can't have one but only if you tip? Because otherwise, this is hurting my psyche! People are inadvertently rude these days!!!!

I'm not gonna go out of my way for pax anymore. Have to put on a fake face and tell stories to entertain them and supply them with my goods. Jesus!!!!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Well what if I say you can't have one but only if you tip? Because otherwise, this is hurting my psyche! People are inadvertently rude these days!!!!

I'm not gonna go out of my way for pax anymore. Have to put on a fake face and tell stories to entertain them and supply them with my goods. Jesus!!!!
Well, telling them that is a sure-fire way to get one-starred. How about keeping the mints in your console compartment for yourself when you have had Chinese for lunch and are going to drive again soon.

You're not a convenience store and you're not a hotel check in desk. You're an Uber. Be friendly and drive.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Giving handouts is something you do to children. Ever go to an Amscot? The first thing they do is toss you a handful of tootsi-rolls. Personally, that shit offends me, I'm not 7 years old. I'm there to handle my finances and they're giving me candy? WTF?

I treat my passengers like adults. I give them respect and don't offer them treats as if I have to con them into liking me.
The chargers are laying there in the back seat, they can see them and use them if they wish. I don't have a spiel when they get in, I don't make offerings, I don't act like they're above or below me.

..and you know what? I get tips regularly. If you want to sell mints, go buy some gumball machines. I'm doing transportation.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Giving handouts is something you do to children. Ever go to an Amscot? The first thing they do is toss you a handful of tootsi-rolls. Personally, that shit offends me, I'm not 7 years old. I'm there to handle my finances and they're giving me candy? WTF?

I treat my passengers like adults. I give them respect and don't offer them treats as if I have to con them into liking me.
The chargers are laying there in the back seat, they can see them and use them if they wish. I don't have a spiel when they get in, I don't make offerings, I don't act like they're above or below me.

..and you know what? I get tips regularly. If you want to sell mints, go buy some gumball machines. I'm doing transportation.
I actually own gumball machines. Is it okay to have mini gumball machines in your car for getting sales?

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you actually serious?.....if you want more $ find another job
Can you at least try to sympathize? Being a driver yourself.. The easy thing for you to say is go find another job. But what about for sticking up for what is right and what is wrong?

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Would it be illegal? I mean it's not fair. You go over to a green hub and they actually encourage you to buy stuff for your passengers so that you can get good ratings. It's like Uber is encouraging us to tip the passengers! That's what we're doing. We're not getting tips, we're putting our cars to use and adding wear, and we're spoiling our passengers. They expect us to bend over our backs to give the pax what they want. We have to help them with their luggage, give them water, mints, let them talk as loudly as they want with profanity words. And not only that, but we get NO tip and we have to worry about getting a rating. SHAME!!

If the pax has the audacity to ask for a free water, why can't I charge? If I'm getting no tip, what's the difference? Do people not have any manners these days? I'm not gonna stand for this! This is a shame!!!
No I would not charge for water and mints your not a snack bar....if you happen to provide them that's on you I would not expect to pay my uber driver for water or mints they have in their car...I usually just tip whenever I use Uber anywhere from $5-$10 and I always tip..

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Ok in your words...it is WRONG to charge people for candy or mints or water you are a driver so just drive your car no extras don't worry about extras that's not in your job description you are not a 7-11 or bodega or convenience store you drive a car you fret over ratings.... don't it's nothing but a numbers game........you want to drive people around make 2 or 3 times what you make now?....want tips?....don't want to worry about destroying your personal car?...don't want to have to worry about ratings?....

Easy answer to all of my questions.....drive a TAXI not for some f'ed immoral unethical illegal 3rd party dumb azz cab company wanna be

·
Premium Member
610 Posts

You just have to set your own rules brother...as long as you pick up and drop off....be cool with your passengers and have manners then that's all that matters don't worry about all the fake shit Uber's fake customer relations sector pushes down your thoray they don't know jack shit and never drove a customer. They are wasting our hard earned dollars paying for projects that are BS. Most passengers are great and just want a ride...you will figure it out...

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Hmmm, i dunno....

Is it okay to shove a box of Altoids up their @$$ ? :):):) Lol

Or better yet a bottle of water, then they would know how we feel as drivers LOL
Altoids first and then we can flush the entitled ones asses with H2O just the way they like it...so funny how some people act very few but they are out there...if we were in a 3rd world country they would be riding in the back of a cart pulled by a bike man...that is equivalent to Uber in the US....Trump should raise rates for uber lmao that prick.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don't offer water/mints and don't plan to, and quite frankly I don't think it increases ratings at all, if anything it decreases them

Say you offer a bottle of water to pax #1, the pax drinks it and throws the empty bottle on the floor, doesn't bother to rate, now you not only not have a 5* rating for offering a bottle of water, you have no rating at all, you continue driving and get a ping, pax #2 gets in and sees the empty water bottle on the floor, "eww, dirty" but the pax doesn't tell you it's there, the pax plays all nice, leaves it there, and 1*s you for a dirty car, repeat for pax #3, #4, #5+... Consider yourself deactivated

The way I see it, if you want mints/water during a ride, pay more for a taxi... Oh, wait

·
Registered
228 Posts
My first time doing an airport pick up today.

I helped that hot blonde with her bag and gave her a water. In turn she flirted with me the whole ride, gave me 5 stars, a nice long fare, and a nice tip.

Be selective of who you give free stuff to.

·
-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
2,935 Posts
Uber partnered up with that company called Cargo where you sell small snacks and products from a plastic box in you car. If Uber allows that then I see no issue with selling the exact same stuff for yourself. I do remember in the past people allegedly being deactivated for conducting business during a ride. But I don't think that is a thing these days. I think the Cargo boxes lend credibility to my opinion.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You could try. Expect to be laughed at or ignored.

I offered mints when I started. Took them from the front counters of various restaurants.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.