Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it's ok to keep the app running even when I'm home since I'm 6 minutes away from FIU.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
As long as you are able to accept the requests, then yes. I don't know if Uber cap your online hours to 14 daily, Lyft does it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes that's what I'm doing I'm a single parent I leave my son at school in the morning then I spend the day getting pax till around 3:30 or 4:00 depending on where I am and pick him up at the gym he goes to, I can't count on his mother cause she hardly sees him.

·
Premium Member
11,431 Posts
There is no cap on hours, you can keep your app on as long as you want
But uber will shut off on you by asking if you want to stay online after an hour or so.

The lyft app is great as it never asks and just stays on but it sux when even if you don't do any rides, it shuts off for a 6 hour break after 14 hours online.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I noticed it shut off by it self, I'm waiting for my background check for LYFT

·
Premium Member
11,431 Posts
Yes I noticed it shut off by it self, I'm waiting for my background check for LYFT
Yeah you will get frustrated when you are home or in your car and you check your phone and you are offline lol.

Also if you ignore between 5-12 pings you will get kicked offline automatically.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Yeah you will get frustrated when you are home or in your car and you check your phone and you are offline lol.

Also if you ignore between 5-12 pings you will get kicked offline automatically.
When your acceptance rating gets low enough it boots you after every ignored ping...

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I am at 5% how much lower do I need to go for that to happen? lol
Lol.. Its weird . .. i think it must also depend on how many cars are online around you. I've been taken offline after ignoring one ping with higher % tjan I have now. Sunday I ignored probably 10 in a row and didnt get booted. i was in the middle of a fairly large surge area and the only X for several miles...

Basically if it is convenient for Uber, they'll kick you offline... If its not, you can get away with whatever

·
Premium Member
11,431 Posts
Lol.. Its weird . .. i think it must also depend on how many cars are online around you. I've been taken offline after ignoring one ping with higher % tjan I have now. Sunday I ignored probably 10 in a row and didnt get booted. i was in the middle of a fairly large surge area and the only X for several miles...

Basically if it is convenient for Uber, they'll kick you offline... If its not, you can get away with whatever
You are correct. I think the min for me is maybe 4 or 5, I am not sure, but I know after a couple of ignored pings I am staring at my phone to see if it goes online. If it is super busy, I have seen it go to at least 10 pings non stop rapid fire, with a few minute breaks in between, but it will eventually shut off for sure,. I have also noticed a longer delay now, perhaps to throw me off, I would think after maybe 10 seconds I am good, but sure enough it will go offline.

I was wondering if I could mirror my phone to a tv I don't use anymore through a chromecast when I am home, so I can always see it, my phone screen shuts off after 10 mins.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
You are correct. I think the min for me is maybe 4 or 5, I am not sure, but I know after a couple of ignored pings I am staring at my phone to see if it goes online. If it is super busy, I have seen it go to at least 10 pings non stop rapid fire, with a few minute breaks in between, but it will eventually shut off for sure,. I have also noticed a longer delay now, perhaps to throw me off, I would think after maybe 10 seconds I am good, but sure enough it will go offline.

I was wondering if I could mirror my phone to a tv I don't use anymore through a chromecast when I am home, so I can always see it, my phone screen shuts off after 10 mins.
Yes you can Or you could enjoy your free time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts