Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know I have a reputation on this site with a few of the members but I really see them as the type that don't want to see reality for what it is and anybody that challenges their false sense of reality is the problem and not them. .. so with that said I want to know is it the heat is it just the overall morale of the country or am I really losing it but do it seem like people are more confrontational and really bending over backwards to cause conflict where other people nowadays...
I posted an example about a week ago of how about three or four workers at the grocery store decided they was going to charge me for a meat lover Pizza when I blatantly had a cheese pizza and they wouldn't come off it until I lost my cool and almost caught a charge.. 20 minutes of them antagonizing me and it wasn't until I reacted that I was deemed the bad guy and the aggressor...
Well fast forward to today I wake up wanting to have the most positive productive day that I could.. I'll pick up a passenger from the airport take them to downtown and I end up getting a trip from downtown back to the airport had a decent conversation with a decent young lady I drop her off just in time to see a pickup truck double parked beside me blocking me in when they could have easily just gave me a few feet and let me out and keep in mind I have an important doctor appointment that I'm cutting it close for and I was planning on leaving the airport and driving a 2 hours to the doctor appointment with maybe 15 minutes to spare.. but now I'm blocked in unnecessarily
so I sit there for a few minutes trying to be patient ..the guy slowly unloading his wife and sons luggage hugging them he's talking to them now 10 minutes has went by and he's looking at me blocked in and I'm trying to maneuver to see if maybe I can squeeze out of there but it was no way I could do it and they're all just looking at the situation and I'm trying to stay cool then I finally roll down my window and say "sir can you please back up just a little to let me out cuz you have me blocked in" he proceeds to tell me that wasn't his problem and I will have to figure it out on my own and once again before I know it I was in psycho mode dropping all kinds of f bombs.. and he started dropping f bombs and pointing his fingers and we're just having a very disorderly interaction here at the airport terminal... And I can tell by his bumper stickers he was a ultra conservative who more than likely was packing a big pistol which maybe fueled his insistence on starting trouble with me...
But I'm starting to wonder is it me or is it them.. cuz I consider myself a nice guy but as everybody know people that go out of their way to avoid trouble are the last ones you want to start trouble with cuz when they get mad they are really mad and I'm that type...ok rant over😤✌... By the way at that time my thermostat was reading 109.. not smart to antagonize people when it's 109°
Car Vehicle Reflex camera Camera accessory Automotive design

·
Registered
417 Posts
I don’t know you at all, however, I would suggest that it is you. Anytime I drop off at the airport I make it a point of dropping off where I cannot be blocked in, and I also understand that everybody is dropping off people at the airport and I’m not any more special than they are.

just some friendly advice, understand that people really do not care, so if you don’t want to get upset about people not caring, you need to take the time to always look out for yourself, and think ahead, next time just drop your passenger off, where you cannot be blocked in, or, just be patient and let people drop off their love ones. Anyway it’s just my two cents, or should I say one cent because of inflation

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t know you at all, however, I would suggest that it is you. Anytime I drop off at the airport I make it a point of dropping off where I cannot be blocked in, and I also understand that everybody is dropping off people at the airport and I’m not any more special than they are.

just some friendly advice, understand that people really do not care, so if you don’t want to get upset about people not caring, you need to take the time to always look out for yourself, and think ahead, next time just drop your passenger off, where you cannot be blocked in, or, just be patient and let people drop off their love ones. Anyway it’s just my two cents, or should I say one cent because of inflation
I'm going to take that inconsideration but I know myself and I know I wake up every morning looking for peace but trouble always seems to find me.. like I heard of pastor say when I was a young man "when everything is going good just know the devil is waiting to blindside you with some trouble'

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
he proceeds to tell me that wasn't his problem and I will have to figure it out on my own and once again before I know it I was in psycho mode dropping all kinds of f bombs..
So HE is wrong for telling you that but YOU escalated it to swearing.

Hint: If you drop F bombs on people, don't expect the situation to improve. Even if they were wrong to begin with.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So HE is wrong for telling you that but YOU escalated it to swearing.

Hint: If you drop F bombs on people, don't expect the situation to improve. Even if they were wrong to begin with.
You got it boss so if you block someone in then take your sweet time moving and then when they politely ask you to move you tell them that ain't your problem you in no way is causing the problem.... Of course that's how you feel and at that point in my mind that's a declaration of war and f-bombs are coming no More Mr Nice Guy that's how I'm wired up that's how I'm going to stay wired up I have zero tolerance for the asholes of the world

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
You got it boss so if you block someone in then take your sweet time moving and then when they politely ask you to move you tell them that ain't your problem you in no way is causing the problem.... Of course that's how you feel and at that point in my mind that's a declaration of war and f-bombs are coming no More Mr Nice Guy that's how I'm wired up that's how I'm going to stay wired up I have zero tolerance for the asholes of the world
I agree with you, he was wrong. I'm just saying, you took it up a notch. I probably would have too. Just stating the facts.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with you, he was wrong. I'm just saying, you took it up a notch. I probably would have too. Just stating the facts.
You right about that I did take it to the next level.. I have to find a middle ground cuz all I know is cool calm and collective and all out war... I heard someone say just yesterday "pride is the devil" and I just got too much pride to feel like someone has punked me or someone have got away with disrespecting me... I give peace a chance over and over and over but when someone is insistent on disrespecting me that's my Achilles heel

·
Premium Member
10,818 Posts
There is no doubt that since covid, maybe even longer, people have been much less likely to show each other a little grace. I know myself very well and I have a very violent temper. When I was a youngun I would let it rage to many an ill effect. It's still there but I have it very well under control. There's two things I try to remind myself of. First, it's more important to get home in one piece than be right. Nothing more precious to me than getting home to my wonderful wife. Second, will I remember this in 5 years. If the answer is no, then it's not important. You know from your passengers that a large number of people are just selfish, oblivious pigs. I was not put on this earth to teach them better. I control the situation as best as I can so that their behavior doesn't negatively impact me. At my airport I would have probably asked one of the ever present police if parking was allowed at the terminal and if not perhaps they could ask this gentleman to park elsewhere.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
So I know I have a reputation on this site with a few of the members but I really see them as the type that don't want to see reality for what it is and anybody that challenges their false sense of reality is the problem and not them. .. so with that said I want to know is it the heat is it just the overall morale of the country or am I really losing it but do it seem like people are more confrontational and really bending over backwards to cause conflict where other people nowadays...
I posted an example about a week ago of how about three or four workers at the grocery store decided they was going to charge me for a meat lover Pizza when I blatantly had a cheese pizza and they wouldn't come off it until I lost my cool and almost caught a charge.. 20 minutes of them antagonizing me and it wasn't until I reacted that I was deemed the bad guy and the aggressor...
Well fast forward to today I wake up wanting to have the most positive productive day that I could.. I'll pick up a passenger from the airport take them to downtown and I end up getting a trip from downtown back to the airport had a decent conversation with a decent young lady I drop her off just in time to see a pickup truck double parked beside me blocking me in when they could have easily just gave me a few feet and let me out and keep in mind I have an important doctor appointment that I'm cutting it close for and I was planning on leaving the airport and driving a 2 hours to the doctor appointment with maybe 15 minutes to spare.. but now I'm blocked in unnecessarily
so I sit there for a few minutes trying to be patient ..the guy slowly unloading his wife and sons luggage hugging them he's talking to them now 10 minutes has went by and he's looking at me blocked in and I'm trying to maneuver to see if maybe I can squeeze out of there but it was no way I could do it and they're all just looking at the situation and I'm trying to stay cool then I finally roll down my window and say "sir can you please back up just a little to let me out cuz you have me blocked in" he proceeds to tell me that wasn't his problem and I will have to figure it out on my own and once again before I know it I was in psycho mode dropping all kinds of f bombs.. and he started dropping f bombs and pointing his fingers and we're just having a very disorderly interaction here at the airport terminal... And I can tell by his bumper stickers he was a ultra conservative who more than likely was packing a big pistol which maybe fueled his insistence on starting trouble with me...
But I'm starting to wonder is it me or is it them.. cuz I consider myself a nice guy but as everybody know people that go out of their way to avoid trouble are the last ones you want to start trouble with cuz when they get mad they are really mad and I'm that type...ok rant over😤✌... By the way at that time my thermostat was reading 109.. not smart to antagonize people when it's 109° View attachment 670609
As an outsider I can tell you that people in the US are generally very much more antagonistic and belligerent than in other countries. What you describe about the pickup driver blocking you in and saying that it's not his problem is very common in the States. It's the "I'm alright Jack... fork you" attitude. The US is all about the individual, "What I want" and not thinking about other people.

I was once waiting to fill up with gas. Cars were queueing for the pumps and I was behind the guy who was at the head of the queue. A car ahead of our line vacated one of the far pumps, but the guy at the head of the queue just sat there. I waited for 20 seconds or so and then, seeing that he was no moving, I assumed that he was waiting for the first pump that was directly in front of him. I pulled out from behind him and parked at the free pump. As I was pumping, Jethro gets out of the car and says, "Hey ass****, I was waiting in line". I responded appropriately and then he countered with, "You could have told me that the pump was free". So he wanted to goof off on his phone or whatever, not pay attention, and have the people behind him keep tabs on the pumps for him and notify him when one became available. It's the "me, me, me" attitude.

And the Karen phenomenon? Yep, that's US-only. The women with this haircut
Eyelash Gesture Wings Entertainment Layered hair

who mouth off at anyone and everyone in public freak-outs just isn't something you see in Europe, for example. Women there tend to conduct themselves in a much more dignified manner.

So, to answer your question I'd say, no, it's not you.

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Well you are asking for an opinion / response.... so.....Im gonna say Its you.... and them.

In both situations.... you argued and got into confrontations with them, dropping F bombs etc... there are other ways around some of these situations. It COULD also be how you talk / sound... maybe your "I said it nicely" sounds to people like "hey punk,...more your crap box outta my way"

Most nice guys are...... to say it nicely.. .meek.. mister "oh ok ok col cool youre right....(yeah you're screwing me over and you're wrong but I'll be the darn diddliest ned Flanders I can be....borrowing my stuff?? and never returning it?? oh ok cool.....) ...Im guessing you just like to either be argumentive or have the last word? "...have a reputation on this site with a few of the member " kinda proves that to me.

Your response to Ted Fink: "You got it boss so if you block someone in then take your sweet time moving and then when they politely ask you to move you tell them that ain't your problem you in no way is causing the problem.... Of course that's how you feel and at that point in my mind that's a declaration of war and f-bombs are coming no More Mr Nice Guy that's how I'm wired up that's how I'm going to stay wired up I have zero tolerance for the asholes of the world"

That reply kinda tells me you're being argumentive there and what not.... you're asking for peoples opinions / advice, hes giving it to you, and you are arguing / getting defensive for your actions that he's responding to.

Im gonna say like probably 99 percent of the people of the world....you're nice.........till you're pushed to a point.... maybe your point is too low, or maybe these people pushed your point waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy far... I dont know. Seems kinda low IMO butI;m not there to see what's happening...

Its not a bad thing, its just how you are... and this is what / how I see you based on your examples and story.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well you are asking for an opinion / response.... so.....Im gonna say Its you.... and them.

In both situations.... you argued and got into confrontations with them, dropping F bombs etc... there are other ways around some of these situations. It COULD also be how you talk / sound... maybe your "I said it nicely" sounds to people like "hey punk,...more your crap box outta my way"

Most nice guys are...... to say it nicely.. .meek.. mister "oh ok ok col cool youre right....(yeah you're screwing me over and you're wrong but I'll be the darn diddliest ned Flanders I can be....borrowing my stuff?? and never returning it?? oh ok cool.....) ...Im guessing you just like to either be argumentive or have the last word? "...have a reputation on this site with a few of the member " kinda proves that to me.

Your response to Ted Fink: "You got it boss so if you block someone in then take your sweet time moving and then when they politely ask you to move you tell them that ain't your problem you in no way is causing the problem.... Of course that's how you feel and at that point in my mind that's a declaration of war and f-bombs are coming no More Mr Nice Guy that's how I'm wired up that's how I'm going to stay wired up I have zero tolerance for the asholes of the world"

That reply kinda tells me you're being argumentive there and what not.... you're asking for peoples opinions / advice, hes giving it to you, and you are arguing / getting defensive for your actions that he's responding to.

Im gonna say like probably 99 percent of the people of the world....you're nice.........till you're pushed to a point.... maybe your point is too low, or maybe these people pushed your point waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy far... I dont know. Seems kinda low IMO butI;m not there to see what's happening...

Its not a bad thing, its just how you are... and this is what / how I see you based on your examples and story.
So you highlight my bad but not my good 🤔.. call me what you want but I'm never going to take sht from asholes... And trust me it's more asholes that deserve a elf bomb and a lot worse than it is good people. I was such a argumentative person I wouldn't be able to do this job for the last nearly 10 years and have one of the highest ratings in the country with an unlimited amount of good feedback one thing I've noticed with all asholes is they love to gas light you and make you think you're the problem...I also told Ted Fink:

"You right about that I did take it to the next level.. I have to find a middle ground cuz all I know is cool calm and collective and all out war... I heard someone say just yesterday "pride is the devil" and I just got too much pride"

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I live by three strike rule I'll give you three chances to get it right ..he got blocked me in I gave him a chance ...he looked at me blocked in and kept going about his business like he didn't care ..I gave him a chance ..I politely asked the guy could he back up a little cuz you got me blocked in and he told me that wasn't his problem I will have to figure it out ...he struck out and he lucky I'm not young and dumb like I used to be.. I never plan on taking it past words nowadays but it was a time when I would have had no problem making the evening news over a obnoxious ashole

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

But yeah I need instructions on how to be a better person... When really I need instructions on how to deal with evil people and uncultured people who love gaslighting good people
Font Brand Darkness Logo Number

Product Font Screenshot Gadget Software

Font Software Screenshot Technology Electronic device

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
But yeah I need instructions on how to be a better person... When really I need instructions on how to deal with evil people and uncultured people who love gaslighting good people View attachment 670638
View attachment 670639
View attachment 670637

Well, then why are you asking a public forum? It kinda seems like you want everyone to say "its them" ? Theres people saying both sides... some saying you, some saying them,... Im saying both. If you know its them then you can just go with that and dont need validation.... fire explodes with gasoline vs water.

As I said...

"Im gonna say like probably 99 percent of the people of the world....you're nice.........till you're pushed to a point.... maybe your point is too low, or maybe these people pushed your point waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy far... I dont know. Seems kinda low IMO butI;m not there to see what's happening...

Its not a bad thing, its just how you are... and this is what / how I see you based on your examples and story. "

1 - 20 of 248 Posts