Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 2 year anniversary driving for Uber I can't believe it's been two years! I must admit though I do like the extra money and have it pretty much down to a science as to when I drive and where LOL!

I signed up for Lyft about 3 weeks ago
At the suggestion of a few of my friends saying that I get more tips as a Lyft driver. I will say this... The Lyft passengers are much nicer than the Uber passengers.

However, a lot of Lyft passengers still don't tip..?

Uber passengers lately have been so entitled acting. Especially the kids around USC they can be really not nice. I've learned to just keep my mouth shut unless the passenger engages in conversation. I say nothing but thank you and have a nice day at the end of the ride.

Also, I've started to give most of my passengers 4 stars instead of 5...no more Mr. Nice Guy. Especially if I think it's somebody that won't tip I can always go in and change it if they do. Why should we give 5 stars to passengers who don't tip?

Uber on! Thanks for listening my fellow Uber drivers. That's my rant for Saturday night LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Uber passengers lately have been so entitled acting. Especially the kids around USC they can be really not nice. I've learned to just keep my mouth shut unless the passenger engages in conversation. I say nothing but thank you and have a nice day at the end of the ride.
As the pool of people using rideshare has increased, this phenomenon has grown, sadly. In the earliest days of UberX L.A. (read: 2013), it was the complete opposite. For the most part, Pax were folks who had been using Black or SUV, or people tipped from that high-end early adopter group. A lot of them were people who traveled to San Francisco for business, and had been introduced to service there. Also, rates for drivers were sky-high compared to today.

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
You just have to take the good with the bad with regards to riders. Some respect drivers and tip great. Other riders think drivers are the scum of the earth. You call them and they say “where you at?”. I had one kid in Anaheim text me “WTF?” last night when he felt I was taking too long to reach him at a huge music festival. Smh.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I just had my 2 year anniversary driving for Uber I can't believe it's been two years! I must admit though I do like the extra money and have it pretty much down to a science as to when I drive and where LOL!

I signed up for Lyft about 3 weeks ago
At the suggestion of a few of my friends saying that I get more tips as a Lyft driver. I will say this... The Lyft passengers are much nicer than the Uber passengers.

However, a lot of Lyft passengers still don't tip..?

Also, I've started to give most of my passengers 4 stars instead of 5...no more Mr. Nice Guy. Especially if I think it's somebody that won't tip I can always go in and change it if they do. Why should we give 5 stars to passengers who don't tip?

Uber on! Thanks for listening my fellow Uber drivers. That's my rant for Saturday night LOL!
I feel like anyone with a rating from 4.2-4.7 is like playing a guessing game as to how horrible the pax is, how dumb pax is, and whether or not the pax will ask me if I can wait another 5 min while he is taking a dump

1 - 17 of 17 Posts