Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Depends on where you are and when you're free to drive.

The surge hounds will say "No surge, no ride", but others like me, don't follow that line.

I've looked at the map a few times this afternoon and haven't seem much surge around while looking. That doesn't mean there wasnn't, just means I didn't see it. A bit in the inner city suburbs on and off. So if you are out a bit from that, waiting for a surge, would mean no money for most of the day :(

Looking at the city map right now @ 5.05pm, there isn't one bit of surge in the melbourne showing.

That said, there should be surge starting any time now till maybe 8pm, but with the cold weather and rain, it could go either way. People might skip going 'out' tonight, so won't use Uber or may use Uber more for shorter trips to skip the cold/rain etc.

Who really knows until it happens, also remember surges move around and surge doesn't always mean you'll get a surge job.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
I already did 8 hours today and got 3 surge jobs. The key with surge is never to chase but most likely you will pick up out of the surge zone and drop off inside the surge zone then the next pickup will be surge.

Thats the way it worked for me today. I don't really "chase" surge until Sat night. It doesn't really exist much any other time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And you will get pings 20 min away from the surge zone.
You will then reject 2 and be timed out.
By the time you are let in surge will be gone.

Uber on. More jobs = more money :)
Haha Joffie, u made me laugh atleast with your nice comments. I wish u really good luck, hope more surges come in your way.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm not driving today but it was surging at 3.7x in some areas. I was in Box Hill for dinner and I tried going online to see how long it took for me to get a request. One came in immediately after I went online for 3x. Unfortunately I couldn't take it and went offline. Good luck to all you drivers out there tonight. Stay safe and drive safe. Regardless of what weather... Melbournians party on Saturdays. So there will surely be surges.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Bastards big surge now and the pricks ping me 3 times to jobs 20 min away.. Now on timeout
Well I've a bad boy and timed out about 3-4 times tonight. For the same thing, smack bang in a surge area and getting 20+ min non surge jobs! Nope....just no.

But picked up mostly surge jobs, no city surge runs though! bounce around between ringwood/croydon/knox/burwood. Can't complain, was a good nice. couple of 2.x surges too, but not mega long ones.

I see its 1.5x in my area again. Waiting to see if it gets to 2.x and I might jump on again :)

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Yeah sick of their BS games tonight. Got sick of waiting 30 min sitting in car app off whilst surge comes and goes.
I got a ping 23 min away for a 4.1 rated pax. I accepted hoping he would cancel. He didn't so I did.
Fk them.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
The risk you take playing the surge game.... It's getting less and less predictable every week.

That said, it's gone crazy far east, but no Jobs. Pax app showing the same car sitting there.

Product Rectangle Font Line Material property

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah sick of their BS games tonight. Got sick of waiting 30 min sitting in car app off whilst surge comes and goes.
I got a ping 23 min away for a 4.1 rated pax. I accepted hoping he would cancel. He didn't so I did.
Fk them.
Text them & say you've just been pulled into an RBT queue & will now be 40 mins +, cancel for closer car... they always do

·
Registered
891 Posts
Serge was no where near as good as last Saturday night. Also why is it only on weekends you get less than 5star raiting??

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
In some of the eastern suburbs you get the pretentious self-entitled idiotic millennials who will downrate for 1) car not to their liking, 2) driver talked too much/didn't talk, 3) driver arrived too early/driver took too long to arrive, 4) surge, 5) driver didn't have mints or water, 6) driver had water but it wasn't Voss joffie :D And they don't mind leaving rubbish in your car either.

Essentially, with these donkey orifices, you always get downrated whether surge pricing or not. Best to only pick them up at > 3x surge.

Serge was no where near as good as last Saturday night. Also why is it only on weekends you get less than 5star raiting??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts