Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much you can earn, after deducting your all costs (insurance, petrol, etc.) as an Uber driver working around 20 hours in London?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Does anyone know how much you can earn, after deducting your all costs (insurance, petrol, etc.) as an Uber driver working around 20 hours in London?
I think ud just break even. I work 35 hours and make a decent amount.

U also have to consider which 20 hours ull work. And if u have ur own car or not.

·
Registered
86 Posts
In US Philadelphia market it's about $10/12 hr. After all expenses.
I say it's worth it if:
1. You have a full time job
2. Your car is paid in full
3. You have nothing else to do after your day job.
Benefits? You make professional connections that may lead to another (better) daytime job - I'm in IT industry and got 2 job offers from my riders in 2 months I've been driving (I didn't accept as I am just too comfortable in my current position).
Sometimes you get cool company of guys (or girls) that will lead to party invitation.
Chance to go to places you didn't know existed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,

Everyone has different opinion about this issue. I am exactly the same situation here is my situation.

I work total of four days a week.
2 days between monday to thursday (Evenings only after 17:00). I normally do 4-6 hours on each day.
2 night shifts (10 hours each) Friday and Saturday.

So roughly around 30-34 hours maximum and I get around 400-450 a week.
I have to pay around 780 for Car lease and Insurance (Bear in mind I drive my car for personal use as well)
So after all that deduction I probably get £1060 a month. I have not deducted the fuel and other expenses.
But I think it still quite reasonable because of its flexibility.
Anyone want to add on this more please welcome as I am looking for improve my situation if its possible.

Cheers,

·
Registered
824 Posts
out of 1060 a month minus fuel and other expenses for the 34 hours a week part time u work ur on about 6 quid an hour. u can work in a pizza shop for about 8 quid

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot for all the info.
Hmm, earning minimum wages is not very convincing, I was hoping it's more than that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
out of 1060 a month minus fuel and other expenses for the 34 hours a week part time u work ur on about 6 quid an hour. u can work in a pizza shop for about 8 quid
Correct. The only difference is that you're on your own with Uber, no one will be looking over your shoulder (like pizza shop manager) and tell you what to do. Well, your customers will but you can kick them out unlike in a pizza shop, you can't.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hmm, earning minimum wages is not very convincing, I was hoping it's more than that.
If you view Uber as a stepping stone to starting your own PH business, building up your own clients, getting an operators licence, sub-contracting extra work out, getting to know the industry, networking with other drivers/operators, etc. then you should be on more than the minimum wage.

Stay at Uber and do nothing else but the work they give you, then yes, you'll be likely to be on minimum wage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts