Uber Drivers Forum banner
121 - 140 of 211 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
And it is the easiest $10 an hour, 75 hour a week, don't buy a car thing out there. If he saves his money and pays cash for a $4000 car, his profits improve by $150 a week and his taxes drop to zero (because of the mileage deduction). If he saves his money and pays cash for a $10,000 car, his quality of ride improves. If he goes into debt for a $25,000 car, and ruins it for Uber; isn't that worse than what he is currently doing?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Subtract 100 for gas. Is this slave labor? I put the hours below. Do I need to stop picking up pools?
Uber loves you. They get the 53.5 cent mileage deduction. They get the Uber fees. They get the booking fees. They get the vehicle fees. You get a profitable business and the self employment tax bill. Don't forget to deduct all the fees and actual gas expense.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sounds like some of you never take pee brakes and never have leg cramps. lol
I don't have leg cramps but, I do have numb butt. If 150 a week or 600 is no beuno then what about the 215 weekly ( 860 a month )I'm going to be paying every week from now on? Perhaps I need to stop taking rides without surge because they aren't worth it. I've seen the airport queued in the 350 range. I must be doing something wrong because based on what Uber says, I should be making at least 15 an hour but in reality I'm driving for less than minimum wage and people have the nerve to dispute fairs because they wanted to stop at a gas station and subsequently took 10 mins inside. Then I have pax asking me for mints,water,Pop tarts or peanuts.

I put about 1600 miles on the car within that 7 day period. Just because my car is a 17' something doesn't mean I'm "ballin" like one of the pax said to me.

There must be a better way than what I'm doing. I just don't know what that is :(.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I don't have leg cramps but, I do have numb butt. If 150 a week or 600 is no beuno then what about the 215 weekly ( 860 a month )I'm going to be paying every week from now on? Perhaps I need to stop taking rides without surge because they aren't worth it. I've seen the airport queued in the 350 range. I must be doing something wrong because based on what Uber says, I should be making at least 15 an hour but in reality I'm driving for less than minimum wage and people have the nerve to dispute fairs because they wanted to stop at a gas station and subsequently took 10 mins inside. Then I have pax asking me for mints,water,Pop tarts or peanuts.

I put about 1600 miles on the car within that 7 day period. Just because my car is a 17' something doesn't mean I'm "ballin" like one of the pax said to me.

There must be a better way than what I'm doing. I just don't know what that is :(.
Pop tarts? That's a new one.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts

Take advantage of the current 2001 and newer, policy. Save up and pay cash for a $4000 car. Save from it's earnings (pay yourself that 600-800 each month) and upgrade to a 8-10k car with no debt.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You mean to tell me that back in the day they use to give a free rentals for people who had at least 75 customers? I had 100 customers and I still had to pay a rental fee. Where are these "good ol days" and how do I receive them?

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
A $600/mo car payment is no bueno.

Yikes.

YIKES.

Is maintenance covered?
Is insurance covered in that $600 a month? I'd assume the rental company would have and charge for it's own insurance, which would cover rideshare and they know you are renting it specifically for ride share.

So $600 a month for a new car with insurance and possible some maintenance (oil change at least? if the tires run down, I'm sure you just turn it in and get a new vehicle?) may not look too bad. I mean, he also has a car that he can use outside of Uber, so it's not a terrible deal. $600 is actually cheap compared to other rental programs.

But in the long term, you could be buying a luxury vehicle for that money, but not everyone has the credit to finance such vehicles.

This weekend was one of the better weekends since the Winter slump. I hope that trend continues.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
You mean to tell me that back in the day they use to give a free rentals for people who had at least 75 customers? I had 100 customers and I still had to pay a rental fee. Where are these "good ol days" and how do I receive them?
Prior to January 2017..... Maybe the enterprise thing and new drivers only.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Is insurance covered in that $600 a month? I'd assume the rental company would have and charge for it's own insurance, which would cover rideshare and they know you are renting it specifically for ride share.

So $600 a month for a new car with insurance and possible some maintenance (oil change at least? if the tires run down, I'm sure you just turn it in and get a new vehicle?) may not look too bad. I mean, he also has a car that he can use outside of Uber, so it's not a terrible deal. $600 is actually cheap compared to other rental programs.

But in the long term, you could be buying a luxury vehicle for that money, but not everyone has the credit to finance such vehicles.

This weekend was one of the better weekends since the Winter slump. I hope that trend continues.
Yes, it covers all of the maintenance and insurance.

121 - 140 of 211 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.