Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you were able to complete the 7 pick ups last week at edc, congratulations. I'm salty, though. above and beyond the 7 pickups and the bonus $500, I gave two rides. My ending net earnings after the weekend were $688.

So far I have had a pointless back and forth nonversation with uber support in order to understand why my net earnings were much, much less than what I initially projected.

That they added the bonus $500 into my GROSS earnings is foul. This is the conclusion I am having to make since I have not received an adequate response from uber help. To uber help I have only asked the question 5 different ways as of yet, so maybe I don't quite have the right angle from which to receive proper help...

Those of you who also worked hard to achieve the incentive, did your net earnings surprise you at all? especially considering the verbiage in the email we received that "This means if you pick up and complete 7 trips from EDC you areguaranteed to make more than $900 takehome!"

What does "more than $900 take home" mean to you? I have attached a snip of the exact verbiage of the email received prior to EDC weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
It definitely states several times that the $85 would be gross, leaving the $500 as EXTRA bonus! Nowhere does it say the $500 would be included in your gross. I was under the impression that the "take home" would be about $900 also. In fact, my husband and I were excited to have a $2K weekend. We didn't make it tho, and from what you're saying, I'm glad I didn't bust my butt trying. =( I sincerely hope you get it resolved. That just isn't right.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have read your post a couple of times and an not sure exactly what you received.

The "per ride" incentive was a guarentee of $85 GROSS per ride from the EDC lot between 3-8am only.

The "additional" $500 was if you completed 7 or more rides from the EDC lot between 3-8am only. It was not subject to any other "withholding" or Uber fees or anything.

I received both of my incentive payouts in a separate payment the Tuesday after EDC. Meaning I got my regular payment for the rides I did on 1 statement and then received another statement with the the adjustments (the make up for the $85 gross) AND the flat $500.

I hope this helps

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
If you were able to complete the 7 pick ups last week at edc, congratulations. I'm salty, though. above and beyond the 7 pickups and the bonus $500, I gave two rides. My ending net earnings after the weekend were $688.

So far I have had a pointless back and forth nonversation with uber support in order to understand why my net earnings were much, much less than what I initially projected.

That they added the bonus $500 into my GROSS earnings is foul. This is the conclusion I am having to make since I have not received an adequate response from uber help. To uber help I have only asked the question 5 different ways as of yet, so maybe I don't quite have the right angle from which to receive proper help...

Those of you who also worked hard to achieve the incentive, did your net earnings surprise you at all? especially considering the verbiage in the email we received that "This means if you pick up and complete 7 trips from EDC you areguaranteed to make more than $900 takehome!"

What does "more than $900 take home" mean to you? I have attached a snip of the exact verbiage of the email received prior to EDC weekend.
We're at least 7 of your pickups at the speedway originating from the lot between 3-8am on the given days? If you had rides before 3am or after 8 they didn't count in the promo. Check all your trip history and times. Make sure all were recorded. What is your phone service? I heard some people with other then Verizon had issues with connection. If you care to post your earning statement I'm sure people here could help you figure it out. You are the first person I've seen who says they didn't get paid the right amount. I hope you are able to work it out in your favor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah only sprint and Verizon worked out there. Everyone on any other service had to connect to the wifi. My bonus and trips came out right. I hope your able to get resolved. I've been dealling with a guarantee issue since april 25th and still nothing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had no problems in the uber lot with T-Mobile and my Note 5. I was able to call and text my pax but the fabulous uber app shit the bed arouns 5am

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is anybody else annoyed that uber took a service fee from the $500 EDC incentive??
That they added the bonus $500 into my GROSS earnings is foul.
Jim, did they only give you a $375 bonus, then? That is, they took their 25% commission off of the $500 ?

I haven't heard from anyone else that this was the case. Everyone seems to have got the $500 flat fee.
The only other complaints I've heard were from drivers who didn't realize that the pick ups had to be between 3 am and 8 am. Of course, complaints that they closed the lot early (anywhere between 7 and 8 am) were also plentiful.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Molly(ies) is slang for Molecule, which is slang for the powdered form (which one weighs and puts into capsules for easy consumption) of ecstasy (MDMA) which is a club drug which generally only comes in pre-pressed tablets.

At least that was what 'mollies' used to mean. Now it probably just refers to any form of ecstasy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Molly(ies) is slang for Molecule, which is slang for the powdered form (which one weighs and puts into capsules for easy consumption) of ecstasy (MDMA) which is a club drug which generally only comes in pre-pressed tablets.

At least that was what 'mollies' used to mean. Now it probably just refers to any form of ecstasy.
I had no idea that is where the term came from. I just know it's ecstasy and all these boneheads at EDC were on it. Okay.. many of them, maybe not all.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts

Uber requires us to have an education in technical reading and writing skills. Or you will the "Wool Over The Eyes"

·
Premium Member
60,411 Posts

Did you have $900.00 in YOUR home ?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
What is the EDC? I was at the DNC...
Carol, EDC is the Electric Daisy Carnival. It's a music festival held every year, spotlighting electric music stereotypically played at rave parties and dances back in the day. It's also stereotypically known to have a large amount of drug ingesting, specifically ecstasy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts