Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
If it's Sprint or Boost, do know that it cant do voice and internet simultaneously

Other than that....good screen, light weight, decent wifi hotspot if not locked out by operator, bit small, bit flimsy, puny battery, lowish volume

strong radio if the signal is there to be had though

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Anyone owned this before?? Upgrading from my iPhone 5c thnx
Not bad. I'd probally buy it if I needed a phone. I usually go with the phones under $100. All I need is somthing that can call and text and get on the web, the newest <instert fancy words to get you to buy that $1000 phone here> don't really do anything for me.

Lovely vintage device, but hellishly difficult to interface with Lincoln SYNC (probably microsoft's fault)
Windows XP! FTW!

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
That's rather misleading, since that's not really what drivers do with phones in the slightest

Regarding SYNC, dunno wth it runs, but when I was getting exasperated with it I spied a "by Microsoft" logo that made me go "ughh... no wonder"

Seriously, who in their right minds would POSSIBLY consider letting microsoft write the software for their flagship product??????

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
XP was crap, too

Really nothing new and worthwhile since plug and play USB and bluetooth, everything else has just been "almost the same, just slightly worse each time somehow", since the days of Windows 3.1

But if Windows at least managed to fake progress, then microsoft office has literally been an uninterrupted downhill slide

Shit worked JUST FINE on a 10mHz 286 w/ coprocessor and 2mb added RAM.... which was apparently unacceptable since the parent company's lifetime goal is to convince you that whatever system and hardware you currently have, it is woefully inadequate and you MUST upgrade to a new computer (with a bunch of "included" microsoft licenses) or you risk being unable to keep doing menial simple office work tasks

Upgrade or maybe lose your clients/job and starve next time lol.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
XP was crap, too

Really nothing new and worthwhile since plug and play USB and bluetooth, everything else has just been "almost the same, just slightly worse each time somehow", since the days of Windows 3.1
Whatever!

What bs are you going to feed me next?

Let me guess, the iPhone 8 and the new Uber app are really just the same chit?

Please! I ain't nobody's fool!

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
A new version of Microsoft Office's main goal is to be enough of a resource hog to make your office/study computer "obsolete" and force you to buy the next one (Windows preinstalled, comes with microsoft licenses so MS takes a cut from what it sells for)

Even the FIRST generation of Galaxy S (s1) is hundreds if not thousands of times more powerful than what microsoft office ran on just fine in the late 80's or early 90's... and MS office's actual functionality was pretty much same as today

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
That's why you now can't disable updates

And regularly get calls from mom or grandpa "something happened, now my screen is upside down and nothing makes sense. Waaaaaah i swear i didn't do anything!!!"

(And this time they're NOT wrong)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Still using my Note 4 and it's amazing, the 5 is about a year and a half newer, it will work. I did get a warning from Lyft that the version of Android OS that I'm using isn't supported anymore...but I'll use my Note 4 until it stops working, then it'll be new phone time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts