Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't laugh quite yet.... Last week's average is 5.00, overall average for everything past week 1 of Ubering is 4.97

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
No such thing as lifetime,they only count your last 500. So if your under 100 then they still feel you are new but after that you need a 4.7 to stay on select and they say 4.6 for X.

I did run into a driver at JWA that showed me her rating and it was a 4.40 after 700 rides and she is still driving.

Select is the hardest to keep a good rating because some order on accident and take it out on you. Also if your a savy select driver and work the surge same thing happens.

When I take a X surge on select and they mention it , I tell them that uber automatically upgraded their car to select for them because it is surging.

My ratings have been climbing fast since I changed platforms.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
No such thing as lifetime,they only count your last 500. So if your under 100 then they still feel you are new but after that you need a 4.7 to stay on select and they say 4.6 for X.

I did run into a driver at JWA that showed me her rating and it was a 4.40 after 700 rides and she is still driving.

Select is the hardest to keep a good rating because some order on accident and take it out on you. Also if your a savy elect driver and work the surge same thing happens.

When I take a X surge on select and they mention it , I tell them that uber automatically upgraded their car to select for them sue to the surge.

I never hear of Select Driver's refunding the difference between a X fare and a Select fare by accident.

·
Premium Member
23,299 Posts
No one week is going to cause Uber to do anything Rash....it' comes down to the 500 Trip Rating like mandreyka pointed out. Even then, say you have a 4.5 or something over those 500 Trips - you will get Emails first (from what I have heard/read on here) and if they do Deactivate it will come with an offer to take Uber's 'Driver Training' program ($60) to get back on the platform.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Select is the hardest to keep a good rating because some order on accident and take it out on you. Also if your a savy select driver and work the surge same thing happens.

When I take a X surge on select and they mention it , I tell them that uber automatically upgraded their car to select for them because it is surging.

Exact opposite, Select ratings are easy, its X that terrifies me

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MAY have gotten one 4 star on Select on my third day driving....otherwise all 5* from Selects

X had a habit of 3* me so I stopped doing X

xRejects on Lyft always 1* me, Lyft pax 5-star and tip

Lyft Premier is maybe ~25% chance of 1* because they're only ordering after getting kicked out of cars from 3 other platforms

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
It's remarkable how degrading the rating system is. Something so flawed and petty shouldn't even bother us. But it does bother us and it actually can affect our self esteem.

I've seen drivers with 3000 trips under their belt get deactivated for dropping below the 4.6 threshold. Hard work and so many quality rides mean nothing to Travis.

I have a 4.87 rating currently and I have completed 468 lifetime trips. I've never gotten a 1 *, but I've gotten enough 3's and 4's to drop it down.

I used to really stress about my rating and I started to resent the pax in general. I was obsessed with checking my rating after every trip. I'd wake up in the middle of the night and check.

I decided that I would check my rating only on Sunday and stuck to it.

Most people will rate 5* so it all balances out in the end anyway. Unless you're terrible at navigation, talk too much, and or keep a filthy car you'll be fine.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah it's easy I'm just wondering at what point I can relax entirely

·
Premium Member
23,299 Posts
It's remarkable how degrading the rating system is. Something so flawed and petty shouldn't even bother us. But it does bother us and it actually can affect our self esteem.

I've seen drivers with 3000 trips under their belt get deactivated for dropping below the 4.6 threshold. Hard work and so many quality rides mean nothing to Travis.

I have a 4.87 rating currently and I have completed 468 lifetime trips. I've never gotten a 1 *, but I've gotten enough 3's and 4's to drop it down.

I used to really stress about my rating and I started to resent the pax in general. I was obsessed with checking my rating after every trip. I'd wake up in the middle of the night and check.

I decided that I would check my rating only on Sunday and stuck to it.

Most people will rate 5* so it all balances out in the end anyway. Unless you're terrible at navigation, talk too much, and or keep a filthy car you'll be fine.
This stems all the way back to kindergarten for way too many Americans....that's when we first began receiving Stars. : o

I like to play the Rating System game...it's like a real life RPG or something....lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts