Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made 25 dollars yesterday in 4 hours .i drove all the from highland and vine till ucla and no trip requests for me wtf ..my first trip was at 5 clock and the next one was at 9.00 p.m ..I so pissed cuz I was driving around la core the all time.. Usually I would get 3 -4 an hour every week with 1.8 incentives but now with this 30$ hour I'm feel scammed.. Dnt what to do??

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
There have been posts here about this before...

Read the fine print. Do you need to drive in The Core for the $30.00? Some drivers here have had success with Hourly driving in Los Angeles County.

But I believe the $150.00 bonus is strictly Core.

·
Registered
886 Posts
uber hourly is the best you just have to "work" it

im silver this week so im taking a break so i can grind hourly next week

and no i will not tell you my secrets for free

I'm with you. I would rather have hourly guarantees than silver boost. Unless I know I can complete enough rides to make gold or platinum status, I will stop driving before hitting 25 trips so I don't get stuck on silver for the following week. I can earn more by working the hourlies, and I rarely have a problem hitting the 1.5 trips per hour. I usually get more pings than I need.

·
Registered
886 Posts
No, it is a deception, you might make $30 in one hour but then you might drive around four more hours and make $20. In the end you made $50 for 5 hours or $10/hour.
No, you either hit the guarantee for all hours driven during the guarantee period or you don't. If the guarantee is $30 per hour in gross fares from 5-11 pm and I drive 4 hours and complete 6 trips during that time period, then I am guaranteed $120 gross. You have to keep track of requests/acceptance/cancellations, but there's no deception.

·
Registered
97 Posts
30/hr is bullshit. Uber's hasn't paid it out correctly to me ever. Uber is definitely dropping specific pings on your or not to keep you from getting that 30. CSRs are, imagine this, No ****ing help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No ****ing shit the same thing on Thursday 5 hours 50 $ only 4 trips ..I'm just not getting any trip requests not matter where I drive it's ****ing crazy ..I have driving for uber 1 and half and I never have been without a trip request more then 15 mins...its 2.00 right now

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm curious to know which guarantee periods people are driving and reporting that they aren't getting trip requests. It certainly can't be the 7-9 am weekdays that uber has been running recently. I'm on hourlies and getting stacked requests during those hours.

With so many drivers on the road these days, the weekday evening hours are more competitive, but 1.5 trips per hour is still not that hard to achieve. You just have to have a strategy, and if the strategy isn't working then you have to rethink it and make some adjustments.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am not super savvy...and I never have had a problem making the hourlies...ever. They are nice...you probably are not getting your acceptance rate high enough. You have to accept everything in hourlies. I have never been screwed.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Before Uber prioritized Metals over other drivers with ping requests, Hourly was better than Silver Boost (If you hit the 30 mark for $150.00, then it was better than Gold Boost). Hourly was a great bi-monthly gig. You worked two weekends a month for about 14 hours each weekend and netted $1,000.00 after giving about 70 rides.

But once the Ping games began, you barely reached the 1.5 per hour and it took 19+ hours to get the $150.00 bonus. So yes, after Uber's 20%, with Hourly you still make $24.00 versus Silver's +/- $22.00; but with Silver you do get more requests, can drop out of the Core to work a surge, and only have to worry about 25+ rides to get Silver the following week. Silver is less stressful.

That said, it was great working 28 hours and 70 rides for $1,000.00 in a month. With Silver, I have to work 40 hours and give 100+ rides in a month to make the same $1,000.00.

I guess its time to go back to online teaching. I can make $1,000 a month siting at my home computer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I totally agree with your math their wmuber...They have been screwing with the ping lately cuz with my medals incentives I never had to wait 2 hours for a ride in la core area .The mass I waited for ping was 5 mins ..ohh well **** it now I know .. I just get back gold status..how many rides for that ?? Lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
It's because all you new people think you need to drive to LA to get the guarantees. That's not the case. You're just making LA way more saturated with drivers. That's why you're not getting any pings. Everyone has the same idea. Fact is, you don't have to be in core LA. It's LA county. I've gotten the guarantees multiple times without being in the "core".

I used to think I had to do it in the core until I realized its pointless and you still get the guarantees regardless.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.