Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone so here is the thing I have talked many rental companies and the ones I like do not offer an unlimited milage and they say that they have had no problems with Uber drivers so far.

So how many millage do you guys put on your cars a day?

Anyone putting more than 150mil per day ?

Thank you

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay so here is a quick update unlimited milage regular prius $900 a month tax included.

how does that sound to any of you guys? if you were to do Uber X

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Are you ****ing kidding me??? Lol. You would realize in two weeks how ****ed you would be. You wold net maybe $4/hour, if you're good

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bought my prius 2015 zero down 60 months interest free around $21 k plus tax monthly payment @475 thats include gap insurance , warranty and alarm, without these addition monthly payment will be around $460.00, its worth buying a car and uber pays for it...

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm gonna be an absolute debbie downer on this one man; under NO circumstances should you be considering SPENDING money to drive Uber, specially X.
Don't do it man. You will literally HAVE to be online at least 50 hours every single week. You will literally be depending on Uber entirely; which is the worst possible position anyone could be in. If you go through with this, you are a complete moron. Sorry for being an ass, but dude, you are on the verge of making the biggest mistake of your life. No joke.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm gonna be an absolute debbie downer on this one man; under NO circumstances should you be considering SPENDING money to drive Uber, specially X.
Don't do it man. You will literally HAVE to be online at least 50 hours every single week. You will literally be depending on Uber entirely; which is the worst possible position anyone could be in. If you go through with this, you are a complete moron. Sorry for being an ass, but dude, you are on the verge of making the biggest mistake of your life. No joke.
You know what I actually liked the way you discourage me. This post was only to gather information and debate on it but apparently you got it too serious. Oh I almost forgot you said '' NO circumstances should you be considering SPENDING money to drive Uber, specially X.'' Please tell me how did you become a driver and why still are a driver if its not worth it ?

I have $12.000 in my pocket and I am going to buy my car in a couple of days and once I start driving I will tell you how good I am doing and I will not be crying like most of you guys do here put yourselves in others shoe. There is no easy money! be ambitious!

Please keep discouraging me lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
most of the drivers I talk to, are happy Ubering lol makes me wonder a lot.
I don't think he was trying to discourage you.. It just doesn't make sense to pay 900 a month for a car.. My rent for my apartment is 1100.. You would be paying a ridiculous amount of money for a car.. I'm happy as a uber driver but working 60 hours a week to pay for your car and all finances would kill your car in a couple of years ..

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Okay so here is a quick update unlimited milage regular prius $900 a month tax included.

how does that sound to any of you guys? if you were to do Uber X
Way too much $$$ I would suggest getting a car from a rental place. They sell them after they hit a certain mileage. That's what I did. My payment is $240/month with tax & gap insurance included. Got a 2013 with 50k miles. It includes factory warranty til 60k and Hertz warranty 12k or 1yr. I do my own oil change to keep cost down. I saw 2013 civic with 20k miles for around $12000. Also saw a bad ass Q50 premium edition for $25000 with 30k miles but that's overkill for x and plus is flooded with cars already. You can probably get a 2013 Nissan sentra for around 10-12k there. I test drove one. Nice ride good on gas too it was a 1.8 4cyclinder

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
You know what I actually liked the way you discourage me. This post was only to gather information and debate on it but apparently you got it too serious. Oh I almost forgot you said '' NO circumstances should you be considering SPENDING money to drive Uber, specially X.'' Please tell me how did you become a driver and why still are a driver if its not worth it ?

I have $12.000 in my pocket and I am going to buy my car in a couple of days and once I start driving I will tell you how good I am doing and I will not be crying like most of you guys do here put yourselves in others shoe. There is no easy money! be ambitious!

Most of us ALREADY HAD our cars. What you're thinking of doing is ludicrous. Did you know during period 1 with the app, you are only covered for liability. You crash that new car? That loan is all on you (minus a car to 'work' with). Did you know rates have dropped THREE TIMES IN 6 MONTHS? Do your research. Or don't. 3 years from now your car will be dying and you won't even be half way done paying it off.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Most of us ALREADY HAD our cars. What you're thinking of doing is ludicrous. Did you know during period 1 with the app, you are only covered for liability. You crash that new car? That loan is all on you (minus a car to 'work' with). Did you know rates have dropped THREE TIMES IN 6 MONTHS? Do your research. Or don't. 3 years from now your car will be dying and you won't even be half way done paying it off.
Ok with all due respect. I think I need to explain myself a little. Im currently doing my masters in marketing and been living in LA for the past six years I go to school twice a week so other than that Ive got nothing else to do! I live with my cousin we both have our personal cars. that $12.000 is just my savings and my dad pays my rent I have a rich dad but he does not throw a bone a part from my expenses and some pocket money(So much thankfull for that), I am very hard working and I know I can definitely drive 8 hrs a day so in addition, I just want to have a better life style and living. Thats all

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok I think I need to explain myself a little. Im currently doing my masters in marketing and been living in LA for the past six years I go to school twice a week so other than that Ive got nothing else to do! I live with my cousin we both have our personal cars. that $12.000 is just my savings and my dad pays my rent I have a rich dad but he does not throw a bone a part from my expenses and some pocket money(So much thankfull for that), I am very hard working and I know I can definitely drive 8 hrs a day so in addition, I just want to have a better life style and living. Thats all
are you sure you want to drive Uber full time??? my recommendations, first try it out! at least for one week 8hrs/day .. when I first signed up I was like you ( so motivated and eager to make an extra $$ ) but after few issues with Uber and my paychecks and experience in general I've got the whole picture of Ubering ... later you'll understand why people in here talk like this and believe me you won't take their advice in a way that someone is trying to offend/discourage you

·
Registered
836 Posts

Now am sure you are smart enough to figure out out that whether or not UberX makes sense depends on an individual's personal circumstances. You should know enough, I suppose, about personal finance to be able to figure out what you need and want. All we can do on this forum is relate our experience regarding low pay, hidden costs (read, depreciation), rate cuts and arbitrary deactivation. Good luck whatever it is you decided to do.

One more thing.... all those happy drivers are just putting up a face so as to give you a positive rider experience. The only truly happy drivers are newbies before they do the maths. Experienced drivers, like everybody in the service industry learn to paste a smile on their face and give off a positive vibe even if they are struggling to make ends meet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts