Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I receive a ride request for a pick-up at a nearby shopping mall -
I know there's only one place open at that time of night, so I txt the pax:

Me: Pick you up at Bar Louie? 12:46 AM
Pax replies: Who is this? 12:47 AM​

!!! seriously?

Me: Your Uber driver 12:48 AM
Pax replies: Yes 12:48 AM​

I pull up to the restaurant/bar and I see the guy - he's intently staring at his phone - doesn't look up. Ever. I flash my lights, Nothing. I honk my horn... nothing. I see him tapping away on his phone and...

Then I receive a txt msg:
Waiting outside of bar Louie 12:51 AM
And he's still staring at his phone - oblivious.

So, I strip naked, stand on the roof of my car and call out to him while swinging a chicken over my head and he finally sees me, comes over and get's in the car.

Me: Right after you made the ride request I sent you a txt msg to confirm the location - and you replied "Who is this?" Who did you think it was if not the driver you had just requested?

Pax: I thought it might be one of my friends who knew I needed a ride.

(yeah, like you have any friends that would be thoughtful, considerate and be clairvoyant)

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
I receive a ride request for a pick-up at a nearby shopping mall -
I know there's only one place open at that time of night, so I txt the pax:

Me: Pick you up at Bar Louie? 12:46 AM
Pax replies: Who is this? 12:47 AM​

!!! seriously?

Me: Your Uber driver 12:48 AM
Pax replies: Yes 12:48 AM​

I pull up to the restaurant/bar and I see the guy - he's intently staring at his phone - doesn't look up. Ever. I flash my lights, Nothing. I honk my horn... nothing. I see him tapping away on his phone and...

Then I receive a txt msg:
Waiting outside of bar Louie 12:51 AM
And he's still staring at his phone - oblivious.

So, I strip naked, stand on the roof of my car and call out to him while swinging a chicken over my head and he finally sees me, comes over and get's in the car.

Me: Right after you made the ride request I sent you a txt msg to confirm the location - and you replied "Who is this?" Who did you think it was if not the driver you had just requested?

Pax: I thought it might be one of my friends who knew I needed a ride.

(yeah, like you have any friends that would be thoughtful, considerate and be clairvoyant)
Funny sh!t. I'm just curious where the heck did you find a chicken at that time of a night?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I think we all need to get yellow fog lights. and tell the pax look out for “the yellow fog light”. a la that dude in PA. LOL

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny sh!t. I'm just curious where the heck did you find a chicken at that time of a night?
You don't keep one in your trunk for emergencies like this?

Reactions: OCBob

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Driving a cab at night will open your eyes to how dumb people are in general, and how much alcohol lowers IQ.

Reactions: UberNorthStar

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well yeah that's what taxis are for. Getting the drunk people home. I don't know about the IQ part, although it seems the dumbest usually have ingested some combination of substances.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts