Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
So I've seen people mention how pax can use spotify to control the music in your car, how exactly does that work? The pax hijacks the spotify app on your phone and plays their music through it?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I've seen people mention how pax can use spotify to control the music in your car, how exactly does that work? The pax hijacks the spotify app on your phone and plays their music through it?
You link your phone to your stereo via aux cord or Bluetooth. The rider chooses the music which plays off your phone and uses your data that you paid for. You then leave your rider a one star review for being an ******* with shitty music tastes.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I only have AM or FM, choose one! LOL
And the extra iphone cable that I carry is for charging only.

By the way, if a rider asks me if the aux cable/charger is for music, I automatically give them 3 stars. Then, depending on the ride, I may go down to a 1 star for them.
Most riders that ask for a music aux cable will ding your rating. So, it goes both ways. They ask, they automatically get a ding.
You want a charger, I have no problem lending you the extra one that I have. I have no problem turning off the radio or changing to another station. But don't ask to use my Sirius, WiFi, Spotify, or anything else.

After hundreds and hundreds of rides, I know that when I get asked for an aux, or satellite radio, my rating will show a ding the next day. Never fails. It's my car, you're paying for a ride, not a mobile entertainment center.
Uber wants to offer more, then, uber needs to pay for more.

·
Registered
612 Posts
You link your phone to your stereo via aux cord or Bluetooth. The rider chooses the music which plays off your phone and uses your data that you paid for. You then leave your rider a one star review for being an ******* with shitty music tastes.
LOL that is so damn stupid! Has a pax actually tried to do that? I feel like I would actually laugh if they asked me to do it, lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's been nice to have the direct link between the Fubar app and Waze. The app, however, kept sending bad locations to Waze. It would send me to the back side of a lot of buildings even when a concrete address was shown in the app. It seemed to send a general location to Waze and not the address. For example: pin was shown on De Longpre Ave. when the destination was the Best Western on Sunset; and pin dropped on Pontius Ave. when the pax was standing on Sepulveda. Frustrating.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It's been nice to have the direct link between the Fubar app and Waze. The app, however, kept sending bad locations to Waze. It would send me to the back side of a lot of buildings even when a concrete address was shown in the app. It seemed to send a general location to Waze and not the address. For example: pin was shown on De Longpre Ave. when the destination was the Best Western on Sunset; and pin dropped on Pontius Ave. when the pax was standing on Sepulveda. Frustrating.
I have had the app try to put me in residential alleys. Also, I liked the way the Google GPS would say the location is on the left/right and repeat the address when doing a p/u.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I second this problem. I have an iPhone 6 and I can't choose my maps in settings.
iPhone 6 here as well. It's under "Settings". You should see Accessibility, and below that Navigation.
I just tried this, and Nav did't show up (it was before). I quite the app, and once restarted it was there again.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
iPhone 6 here as well. It's under "Settings". You should see Accessibility, and below that Navigation.
I just tried this, and Nav did't show up (it was before). I quite the app, and once restarted it was there again.
Hope that helps
I tried that and even reinstalled the app. Still not working. Guess I will write uber an email

1 - 20 of 22 Posts