Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Philip but everyone calls me "Doc." I am posting this to introduce myself and to share my sign-up process as I need to share this story with my fellow Uber Partners.

I hinted to my wife that I wanted to drive for Uber because I love to drive. On Friday I signed up about 11:45 PM. I begin to "Upload" my documents and photos. Had trouble all weekend with the insurance document. Monday I get the story from agent about why I am not listed for a Multi-Car household. He explains to me that my dad is listed on the paperwork because it is no longer covered by the driver, the vehicle its self is now cover.

I contact Uber Help via the phone because this seems to be the only way one can chat with them. I explain the situation with them and proved to them I am listed as the Primary Driver of my own vehicle. All set there, documentation 100% completed.

I then proceed to check the status of my background check. It is completed and ready for me to download. I contact Uber support again and ask them what the next step was. Support informs me that I have successfully passed 5 of the 7 phases of the approval process and that it may take 7 - 10 business days to complete. GREAT!

I kid you not. Not more than a few hours later at 4:33 PM on 2/15/2016 I get an e-mail from Uber the subject read "Congrats Philip, your Uber Account is Active & you can begin driving NOW!" I was not expecting to be approved so quickly and in less then 72 hours! I hit the road and the same night, on a Monday Evening I picked up 10 riders and drove for 7 hours!

I was just so excited to be driving and getting paid to do so. I am happy to be a driver for #Uber.

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed my story...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took them like 2 weeks after they said we will get back to you after the background check. Never had a mark on me ever I think they just had a mishap. I was approved after I emailed them back.
Sounds like they were not on top of your process. But I am still getting e-mails and text messages to provide documents to my local office. Seems like I am not able to get into chat with Uber now that I am active.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts