Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
at some point, Uber needs revenue growth powerful enough for them to start turning a profit, the price of uberX must rise, it has to, in order for this to happen..

so then if that extra $$ from higher-priced uberX rides all goes to Uber, then what about the driver? does the driver still keep making pennies? or will Uber raise price of uberX even more so that drivers can at least turn some kind of wage

there's ridiculous .. and then there's....

<<<<The Uber Business Model>>>>

·
Registered
563 Posts
Technically it's a mature startup in growth phase trying to find its wings, hence the several investors. Even Twitter was a money pit in its early days. Maybe still is.
i think Twitter is quickly turning into a bust here in terms of being a money maker .. here's the last 6 months of Twitter on the stock market ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
UBER claims a positive revenue while it's X drivers (most) are suffering losses due to its "bottom of the barrel" pricing in many places. :(

JM2¢W

·
Registered
501 Posts
And from a similar article:

http://www.fastcompany.com/3049527/behind-the-brand/what-the-leaked-uber-documents-dont-tell-us

"....without a breakdown of Uber's costs, it's hard to judge how troubling Uber's reported losses really are -- the documents in question end with the second quarter of 2014, which means we don't know what the company's losses look like today."

With the drastic rate cuts lately, Uber is appearing more and more desperate. I was driving in Dallas on a slow afternoon, noticed all the cars around me (and all the people not taking an Uber) while the phone stayed silent for half an hour. Dropping minimum fares to $2 and $3 isn't gonna pull all of those people out of their cars..... something's gotta give, either on the rate side, or the service side when quality tanks into the gutter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts