Uber Drivers Forum banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts

· Premium Member
1,030 Posts
This may be a little off topic compared to everyone else's screenshots, but this was my exchange that engulfed almost an hour of my 2018 New Years Quest.

I missed the last screen shot but it ends with me telling the customer that Uber told me to cancel her delivery and it would still count towards the quest. Other than hassling me, she did a good thing. It was huge order i gave to like 3 homeless guys who got kicked out of downtown for the festivities.
I just read all that. Is that person for real???

This is why I do not deliver in New Jack City or crazy complicated parking buildings. As much as I love, and i do mean LOVE the challenge of delivering some orders, there is a fine line between a challenge and an inconvenience from an entitled person. If I lived in a building like that (never would), I would come downstairs because I would feel bad about the trouble.

I have a lot, and I mean a lot, of colleges in my core area I deliver to. I refuse to do a leave at door ever on those locations after I had too many orders allegedly swiped and claimed I did not delivery back in the days I did DD mostly. If I get an UE or GH order to the college that asks me leave it, I first ask them nicely if they can meet me at the door. Most of the time, they are saying yea sure and it works well. In rare cases, they refuse. I tell them I will not leave the order due to orders disappearing in the past. They will bring up ever excuse in the book to not be present to pick up. Oh they are still in class. Oh they are still at their friend's dorm. Yea, I do not care. Not buying it. My favorite question is, "Why did you order food if you would be present to get it when it was delivered?". That always causes a problem because you know these college kids do not like to be challenged, even though it was a reasonable and common sense question. I tell them I apologize but either you or someone you know and you can call needs to meet me with the order or you will not receive it when the timer runs out. Simple and done. It is amazing how all of a sudden they are available or someone else is available. Wow, it is magic. In some cases where the person is clearly trying to social distance due to covid, even though they are going to a college with hundreds of people 🤷‍♂️, I will tell them I am happy to leave the order but I will remain very far away to make sure you get it and that they still need to have a grab it before the timer runs out or I will grab it and cancel.

Mind you, the time I accept the delivery and i know it is going to one of the colleges, i will send them text and let them know I am on my way to pick up and that I am familiar with going to the college and I want to confirm the dorm. I also text them when I am on my way and I text them when i arrive. They can also see my progress in the app. So they should be well ready to receive the order when I arriving and anything making me leave the order where a hundred people walk by is a trap.

· Premium Member
Difficult. Duchess of Decline, Splendida Sarcasmus
3,279 Posts
Hey Uber, whatcha doin’ with our money?
Font Communication Device Screenshot Technology Electronic device

How is a single going 8 miles more expensive than a double going 10 miles THAT INCLUDES SAID SINGLE?!?

Or am I paying you $0.06 for the privilege to drive 3 more miles and drop off an order? 😂

Get your sticky palms out of our cookie jar!!!

· Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Hey Uber, whatcha doin’ with our money?
View attachment 692202
How is a single going 8 miles more expensive than a double going 10 miles THAT INCLUDES SAID SINGLE?!?

Or am I paying you $0.06 for the privilege to drive 3 more miles and drop off an order? 😂

Get your sticky palms out of our cookie jar!!!
Also going to the dreaded Lakewood.

· Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Maybe this thread could be of interesting screenshots from work. I got this today. It made me laugh. I even improvised, loudly saying, "Uber Eats! I know you're in there!" Thank goodness they gave me the right address. ?

View attachment 323976
I also do this almost the exact same message, because I normally in the back bedroom, my mother is usually sitting in the living room, but her ear that faces the door has a slight hearing problem, and we have no doorbell and we have no dogs, and people tend to knock on the door like they don't really care if anyone answers it or not, I've had one food delivery get canceled saying food was not deliverable total freaking lie.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts