Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I currently have Geico (which I've heard is really bad for this kind of field). I quoted through Farmers but my insurance went up by about $80.00. What are some other companies?

Also would this vehicle become "for business use" or "personal" as I am only doing this part-time? A couple of hours a night?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Personal. Farmers, Liberty Mutual and State Farm are your only choices. Make sure you disclose it to underwriting when you get quotes.

$80 isn't bad. Mine went from $340 with Geico to $650 with Farmers, same coverage (6 months).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personal. Farmers, Liberty Mutual and State Farm are your only choices. Make sure you disclose it to underwriting when you get quotes.

$80 isn't bad. Mine went from $340 with Geico to $650 with Farmers, same coverage (6 months).
So $650 each month? o_O

Right now I am paying $130/month for Full Coverage as I am driving a 2015 Corolla. I am looking to make a little extra coin part time.
The quote I got from Farmers (online) for the exact same coverage's was about $200/month. So that's a $70/month increase right there.
How much higher will it go do you estimate once I mention part-time TNC?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just make sure you're covered if you hit a high end car. Plus your passangers are covered if one was to be killed in your car. Sounds harsh but ask the agent. Or you will be paying it out of your pocket for life

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Plus your passangers are covered if one was to be killed in your car. Sounds harsh but ask the agent. Or you will be paying it out of your pocket for life
No, Pax are covered by Ubers 1 million Liability policy. Personal insurance is not in effect with App On.

·
Registered
709 Posts
My insurance went from $253 to $507 with Farmers. I have the same coverage of 100/300/100 with $1000 deductible for collision and comprehensive.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just make sure you're covered if you hit a high end car. Plus your passangers are covered if one was to be killed in your car. Sounds harsh but ask the agent. Or you will be paying it out of your pocket for life
Passengers are covered under the commercial insurance during your ride while the app is on. Your personal insurance covers you when the app is off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts