Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Allstate

Also, something to note: I have a zero deductable plan through Allstate which also covers my uber/lyft deductible while in rideshare - all stages. In effect I'm out zero dollars for a incident regardless of fault. Peace of mind is pretty golden.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just got dropped from metromile insurance because they are no longer covering ridshare policies. Anyone know of other companies that cover uber drivers?
Hmm, when did you get told this? I have metromile and I was not informed from them that they are no longer covering rideshare. I'm gonna have to contact them now and see what the deal is.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
How much r u guys paying for rideshare insurance anyways? I dont have rideshare insurance and my insurance company doesnt know i drive for uber. I dont make enough to afford fancy coverages.

·
Registered
437 Posts
How much r u guys paying for rideshare insurance anyways? I dont have rideshare insurance and my insurance company doesnt know i drive for uber. I dont make enough to afford fancy coverages.
Wait until you get into an accident that isn't covered by James River or your personal policy. Then you REALLY won't be able to afford much of anything after putting out thousands to repair your car.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Wait until you get into an accident and your personal insurance company finds out you have been using your vehicle for commercial purposes. Bye Bye personal insurance.

You told your insurance you drive??
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Metromile is/was a well known insurance company that covers rideshare use.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
found this on metromile FAQ site

I drive for a ridesharing company (e.g. Uber or Lyft), can you insure my vehicle?
We are unable to insure vehicles on a ridesharing platform (e.g. Uber or Lyft). Our pay-per-mile insurance product is only intended for low-mileage drivers since the bill is based on how much you drive.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have metromile I called them and they said they end their agreement with Uber, so once my policy period ends they wont cover Uber anymore,
I called and spoke with Metromile today as well. The guy confirmed that they stopped covering Uber ridrshare in February. I was a bit irritated because I didn't receive any email/mail indicating this change. I asked if they emailed everyone and he said he didn't know and they should of. So if it wasn't for this post by Talleyhohoho, I wouldn't have known. :mad:
Anyway, The guy mentioned to me to call before the policy ends because they have another company they are working with that we could switch over to. I didn't get any deets on this other company and couldn't really make out the name of the company he mentioned. I swear he said the name was "Metrohound" or something close to that, haha.
I think I'll just check out Mercury or farmers insurance when my policy goes up in a few months.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
I called and spoke with Metromile today as well. The guy confirmed that they stopped covering Uber ridrshare in February. I was a bit irritated because I didn't receive any email/mail indicating this change. I asked if they emailed everyone and he said he didn't know and they should of. So if it wasn't for this post by Talleyhohoho, I wouldn't have known. :mad:
Anyway, The guy mentioned to me to call before the policy ends because they have another company they are working with that we could switch over to. I didn't get any deets on this other company and couldn't really make out the name of the company he mentioned. I swear he said the name was "Metrohound" or something close to that, haha.
I think I'll just check out Mercury or farmers insurance when my policy goes up in a few months.
I thought you could CANCEL anytime ?
I just called, you can cancel anytime.
they prorate the charges if more days left in the billing cycle
it's called COVERHOUND, not Metrohound

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.