Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Uber provides its own insurance anytime you're online. However, it's significantly better when you're on a trip (periods 2 and 3).
Therefore, it's essential to maintain non-Uber insurance. For X and XL, you may maintain your personal policy. Higher classes must have commercial insurance, but it is generally much more expensive. Many insurers will not only not cover non-commercial policy claims while ridesharing, but drop personal coverage entirely if they even suspect that you're ridesharing.

There are significant variations from one insurance company to another and one state to another. Check with an independent agent, who is familiar with ridesharing insurance options for your state, claiming that you are "considering" ridesharing and investigating the insurance available. Also, ask in your local city's forum:

https://uberpeople.net/forums/cities

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
A rideshare endorsement is the most affordable way to go if your state has it.

Commercial insurance is very expensive and only makes sense if you drive full time or you drive black or suv

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just be glad you're not in Florida. Insurance is the reason I put driving on hold. I was paying $10.31 a day for a rideshare endorsement. Same coverage, same driver, same miles without driving for rideshare is $4.47 per day.

I believe State Farm may be offering coverage in FL as of Jan 1. I'm not sure of their rates. Other than that it's Foremost and those policies should come with a jar of Vaseline. Many drivers here are driving on their personal auto coverage and they're going to get burned. If you have anything to lose, like a financed or leased car, a house or any cash savings, get a rideshare endorsement or don't drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.