Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Uber changed it's information to state how much they are paying for commercial insurance, I work it out to be about $5 an hour.

I've been told taxi insurance is on the vehicle all the time, runs about $1000 a month. Which they try to run 24/7.

If a Uber runs 24/7, the same hours as a taxi, it's a whopping $3650 a month for the same insurance coverage.

Correction: The Uber insurance cost is maximum $10 per trip, not $5 an hour. I was looking a bunch of short trips with various amounts, when I looked at long trips, they all maxed out at $10 a trip.

Edit: Yes Uber also has insurance when one doesn't have a trip, but online, copying ones personal insurance, but that's only a few hundred dollars more per month.

I'm the meanwhile we only get $20 profit on a 5 hour trip when Uber takes $80 for doing just about nothing. You would think they would raise prices to offset the Biden gas tax, but no they try selling $15,000 a year income Uber drivers a $60,000 Tesla, then knowing we can't afford that, gets us to rent them and lose even more money.

Thanks Uber, really. 馃

Registered
Uber changed it's information to state how much they are paying for commercial insurance, I work it out to be about $5 an hour.

I've been told taxi insurance is on the vehicle all the time, runs about $1000 a month. Which they try to run 24/7.

If a Uber runs 24/7, the same hours as a taxi, it's a whopping $3650 a month for the same insurance coverage.

Chew on that.

Edit: Yes Uber also has insurance when one doesn't have a trip, but online, copying ones personal insurance, but that's only a few hundred dollars more per month.

I'm the meanwhile we only get $20 profit on a 5 hour trip when Uber takes $80 for doing just about nothing. You would think they would raise prices to offset the Biden gas tax, but no they try selling $15,000 a year income Uber drivers a $60,000 Tesla, then knowing we can't afford that, gets us to rent them and lose even more money.

Thanks Uber, really. 馃
Make it political and spread lies. There is no Biden gas tax

Premium Member

It's not only insurance that they claim comes out of this, "other expenses" is pretty vauge..
Font Parallel Number Screenshot Terrestrial plant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts