Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.

I've read the threads on this insurance topic and I was fairly sure that one needed commercial insurance.

However, I'm waiting for a dealership to finalize my xchange lease and they are telling me I only need personal insurance.

I chatted with an uber rep for customer service and they seem to say the same thing as well: personal insurance only.

Can someone clarify please.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Uber will always tell you personal insurance is all that's needed.

If you ask almost any insurance company that offers personal car insurance, they will say NO, they don't cover you to be doing livery (Uber),and is in violation of almost all policies.

You can get commercial insurance, that's the best,fully covered. However its expensive.

You can save some money like me, by just getting Hybrid insurance (personal car insurance that knows and okays you doing uber and you're covered during all 3 periods)

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Can you tell me what providers offer this hybrid insurance? And what to expect to pay?

Thanks in advance
hard to say amount. around $200 or so/month but that's rough, yours maybe much higher, or even less

MARYLAND - Geico or Eerie
VIRGINIA - Geico
DC - ??? not sure, somebody can help here

I rolled with eerie for the simple fact they offered me a cheaper rate than geico

·
Banned
708 Posts
You don't need extra insurance until you have an accident and they cancel your shit and deny the claim. I carry Geico commercial just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts