Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Premium Member
4,893 Posts
What insurance we have to get after new ride sharing laws. Since its a charter vehicle now do we get a comprehensive charter vehicle insurance?
The only insurance requirements related to the new "Charter Vehicle" licence is a requirement to change your vehicle insurance class to 3(f). This only relates to Compulsory Third Party Insurance (now called Motor Injury Insurance in WA), and has nothing to do with insurance for property damage, etc, that would be covered under a normal car insurance policy.

You could choose not to insure your car if you so desire, but I would highly recommend third party property coverage at a minimum. You would also need to inform your insurer that you are driving for Uber, or they can cancel or void your policy or refuse a claim for not disclosing that information.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.