Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,

I am very new here and not started with uber yet.
Have done a little search here and there but need some advice please before I go further.

I am planning to get a car (possibly Mazda CX5) ,I can get this car with %0 apr but I also saw Kia Nitro with a PCO hire company and it's tempting.
Just wondering if you could share some thought about petrol cost on both of them if anyone driving with such a car,abv I cannot trust MPG on the net,I am going to drive in London.

-Insurance - It is a lot cheaper with PCO , wondering if it is a right insurance for driving for uber or there is some hidden price there ? How much roughly insurance would cost if I go by my own for an experienced driver 15+ ? I cannot get a quote as have no car yet.

-How long is it between submitting application with tfl and start driving for uber ? is there a link in this forum that shows where and how to start etc?

-I always insure my partner as a 2nd driver and We both use a same car , Can I do that with the insurance I will buy for uber car or I need to buy another insurance for her to be able to drive with this car for personal use.

-Pro and Cons of PCO ? mathematically It seems still it's better for me to buy and pay instalment ,I know there are tons of hidden cost that I am not aware of so your thought would be helpful.

I have loads of questions but better to start with this for now . I already been reading forums for around 2 weeks and decided to pull the trigger.
I appreciate some advice fella ,Thanks.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Hi all ,

Have done a little search here and there but need some advice please before I go further.

I am planning to get a car (possibly Mazda CX5) ,I can get this car with %0 apr but I also saw Kia Nitro with a PCO hire company and it's tempting.
Just wondering if you could share some thought about petrol cost on both of them if anyone driving with such a car,abv I cannot trust MPG on the net,I am going to drive in London.

-Insurance - It is a lot cheaper with PCO , wondering if it is a right insurance for driving for uber or there is some hidden price there ? How much roughly insurance would cost if I go by my own for an experienced driver 15+ ? I cannot get a quote as have no car yet.

-How long is it between submitting application with tfl and start driving for uber ? is there a link in this forum that shows where and how to start etc?

-I always insure my partner as a 2nd driver and We both use a same car , Can I do that with the insurance I will buy for uber car or I need to buy another insurance for her to be able to drive with this car for personal use.

-Pro and Cons of PCO ? mathematically It seems still it's better for me to buy and pay instalment ,I know there are tons of hidden cost that I am not aware of so your thought would be helpful.

I have loads of questions but better to start with this for now . I already been reading forums for around 2 weeks and decided to pull the trigger.
You certainly will be pulling the trigger of some individuals here.

·
Premium Member
5,273 Posts
Can't help with most of your questions but from application to driving its 7 - 12 months. Your 15 years driving doesn't mean much insurance wise. You have 0 years hire and reward. Insurance will be between 2.5k and 3k. As far as costs expect to pay around 50% of income. Some say £20 ph is possible, though not guaranteed.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Hi all ,

The only way to know true cost is to do it yourself and i wouldn't get a new car to do this uber thing anyway .you'll be lucky if you get your license by May if you apply now .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Can't help with most of your questions but from application to driving its 7 - 12 months. Your 15 years driving doesn't mean much insurance wise. You have 0 years hire and reward. Insurance will be between 2.5k and 3k. As far as costs expect to pay around 50% of income. Some say £20 ph is possible, though not guaranteed.
Thanks for the answer ,appreciate it.

The only way to know true cost is to do it yourself and i wouldn't get a new car to do this uber thing anyway .you'll be lucky if you get your license by May if you apply now .
Yes ,it seems it would take few months.

Not buying anything NEW ,I am in the process of changing my family car anyway to some 5/6 years old car,(small suv if possible),so at the same time it would be good to know what's a good car to work with, so I change to a right one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts