Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
8,716 Posts
While I haven't started driving for InstaRyde ... I did have a chance to look at their Driver Agreement; and one alarming observation ... apparently, InstaRyde takes a percentage of the tips. "In exchange for accepting and fully performing on a Request, you shall be paid 82.5% or 87.5% of the fare (including tip) received from the Passenger ('Service Fee') for Platinum and PlatiumXL Rides and Ryde or RydeXL rides, respectively. Instaryde will calculate the Passenger Fee when the trip has been completed. Instaryde will also charge the Passenger a safety fee, which shall not form part of the Service Fee. Instaryde will receive 17.5% or 12.5% of the fare (including tip) received and the safety fee for providing access to the Application and the lead generation service. " all I have to say is WTF?

According to FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act) tips are the property of the employee; and while drivers are not employees, per se, arguably it's the expectation of the pax that the tip is going to the driver. source = https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs15.htm

Granted InstaRyde is a Canadian company so maybe they do things differently there; however, according to this UP post they aren't even paying Canadian drivers on time - https://uberpeople.net/threads/instaryde-are-theives.83785/

Thanks, but no thanks; I have a hard enough time chasing down GetMe to get paid on time; and they are a local Austin company.

One more note ... the driver agreement above states Platinum & PlatinumXL rides; however, there is no pricing for either service on their website - http://instaryde.com/pricing/ ... in the software world we call this "vaporware".

Ziggy's vote = NFM
Lol....don't be fooled by their breakdown of commission. They take 100% of the fare like they did in Toronto. They never paid their drivers! Instaryde cut out and ran to Austin to rip off y'all

· Premium Member
8,716 Posts
You fall into one of two categorys.

1. Driver
2. Non driver

Im not writing this to start some flame war with drivers, im writing you because what you are saying is an absolute false statement, we do not take 100% and never have. I deal with these financial reports daily for the company
If you are a driver in toronto I would love to speak with you to discus any concerns you may be having.

My name is Joshua S. and I was brought on with the company with the Austin Expansion. If you are a driver contact me through the driver support email and if you are not please PM me here.

Joshua S.
Instaryde.
Why don't you start a post in the Toronto forum too. I was not paid for my first two rides because they were for riders who used stolen credit cards.

I still fail to see how the pings your company sent me to randomly were my fault and you didn't pay. As you are very aware you are no longer in the Toronto market so pleas3 stop this bullshit about contact you through the App.

Drivers - search instaryde through the forums and see what's really up with this company.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.