Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work Uber part time and always cash out at the end of the day; however, I tried to do instant pay today and the screen was different and asked me to input my debit card again. I did it and now it's locked and I have to wait 72 hours for it to work again.

I really need this money before as it's rent time. I contacted Uber and they resolved my issue and basically told me there's nothing I can do. That it's there for fraud protection. How can it be fraud protection when I input the same exact account and I was forced to do it because the update removed my account.

Anyone know if there's anything I can about this? I really need the money before next week as it's rent time (only reason I decided to drive this week). Smh.

I hate Uber.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Same thing happened to me last week. I updated my debit card and had to wait 3 days to use instant pay again. Nothing much else you can do..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yea today i hit cash out, it didnt work, then i had to check my debit card info everything look the same. But it still wouldn't let me deposit. I received a text message saying that's suspicious activity was detected. Well that's suspicious activity was me! So I called them and told them this and they said it was flagged for security purposes. I said that I was the one trying to pay that certain amount of money to that debit card on instant pay. And they said well since you re-entered your debit card you have to wait 72 hours I said that is BS I have entered my debit card before and it has worked instantly and again the only reason why I reentered it is because you asked me to. I've called 5 times and they have sent two emails to this department that is higher up supposedly I said can I not talk to that department? Are they some secret society that lives in the Himalayas and they can only be contacted by email and pigeon? Are they gnomes? And of course no email back yet. But I have to wait the 72 hours and that will be Monday and then the money will be sent to my checking account which really screws me this week. So I told them I'm driving for Lyft this week which I know they could care less.

·
Premium Member
3,826 Posts
I’ve only had problems using my regular bank info. Once I got the Uber debit card from Go Bank, I’ve never had an issue.

Btw, the go bank card doesn’t carry the 50 cent fee either.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If by its Rent time you mean house rent then I'm sure you won't be kicked out in the street within 72 hours, if you meant car rental payment then I under stand that can be very stressful especially if you rent cars by the day like me and don't have instant pay available.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
If by its Rent time you mean house rent then I'm sure you won't be kicked out in the street within 72 hours, if you meant car rental payment then I under stand that can be very stressful especially if you rent cars by the day like me and don't have instant pay available.
you rent a car by the day to do rideshare? How can that possibly be profitable?

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
I rent Friday, Saturday and Sundays from a company called hyrecar.com

I do $200 Friday then go home

Between $250-$350 Saturday

$200 Sunday then go home

The daily rental is $50
Hey Jimmy Jameson , is it $50 for X or XL? What models/years you usually get if you don't mind to share? $50 a day for an X is actually a good deal if you can use it for both platforms.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Jimmy Jameson , is it $50 for X or XL? What models/years you usually get if you don't mind to share? $50 a day for an X is actually a good deal if you can use it for both platforms.
Sorry for the late response my friend, it's 50 daily for a sedan Uber x, I don't think they have xl or suv vehicles on hyrecar.

Try checking their website the prices vary some could be less than $50 like $35 daily and some cars are more than $50 daily, another option is Turo you can find cars by the day to rent there but just don't let the owner know your using their car for Uber, I'm only recommending this option for those of you that don't own a car like me my car was totalled 4 months ago so now I have to rely on either Uber or the bus when I'm not renting a car.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I
Sorry for the late response my friend, it's 50 daily for a sedan Uber x, I don't think they have xl or suv vehicles on hyrecar.

Try checking their website the prices vary some could be less than $50 like $35 daily and some cars are more than $50 daily, another option is Turo you can find cars by the day to rent there but just don't let the owner know your using their car for Uber, I'm only recommending this option for those of you that don't own a car like me my car was totalled 4 months ago so now I have to rely on either Uber or the bus when I'm not renting a car.
Only I write in caps on this forum.

Please chill with the copyright infringement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts