Uber Drivers Forum banner

Inspiration to My Uber Lyft Brothers and Sisters (700% Stock Market Returns 2020, More to Come).

2K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  20yearsdriving 
#1 ·
Hey All,

This is just inspiration and a heads up to all out there who wish to better their lives and their family's lives:

I've been off work since March 2020. I have researched investing and the stock market on daily basis since then. I don't have it all figure out, just enough to make me millionaire by this summer, and a multimillionaire by 2025.

We are living in a time of extraordinary opportunity as far as the stock market is concerned. Last year I had only 70K in retirement savings. Its half a million now and growing thanks to Tesla and Bitcoin. I am currently 100% in Bitcoin (GBTC).

My personal strategy going forward: Between this trade in Bitcoin in 2020-2021, buy and hold on Tesla (TSLA) from 2021 to 2024 and one more swing trade in Bitcoin in 2024-2025. There is immense profits to be made.

The most immediate issue is to do your own research on this bitcoin swing trade. You can purchase bitcoin in retirement account using bitcoin ETF called Grey Scale Bitcoin Trust, ticker symbol GBTC.

My personal plan is to exit Bitcoin sometime this year, likely around September.

Follow this guy here on YouTube for more info on exiting the bitcoin trade. His name is Jordan Lindsey.
Screenshot_20210108-170532_Gallery.jpg

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Hey All,

This is just inspiration and a heads up to all out there who wish to better their lives and their family's lives:

I've been off work since March 2020. I have researched investing and the stock market on daily basis since then. I don't have it all figure out, just enough to make me millionaire by this summer, and a multimillionaire by 2025.

We are living in a time of extraordinary opportunity as far as the stock market is concerned. Last year I had only 70K in retirement savings. Its half a million now and growing thanks to Tesla and Bitcoin. I am currently 100% in Bitcoin (GBTC).

My personal strategy going forward: Between this trade in Bitcoin in 2020-2021, buy and hold on Tesla (TSLA) from 2021 to 2024 and one more swing trade in Bitcoin in 2024-2025. There is immense profits to be made.

The most immediate issue is to do your own research on this bitcoin swing trade. You can purchase bitcoin in retirement account using bitcoin ETF called Grey Scale Bitcoin Trust, ticker symbol GBTC.

My personal plan is to exit Bitcoin sometime this year, likely around September.

Follow this guy here on YouTube for more info on exiting the bitcoin trade. His name is Jordan Lindsey. View attachment 552315
Bitcoin is the best hedge against inflation. I wouldn't exit so soon...

#3 ·
Bitcoin follows a four year cycle centered around the minor's halving which occurs every four years. After the current bull run, you can anticipate a 70% to 80% drop before the next cycle begins in 2024. I don't want to hang around for that kind of drop.

#5 ·
Hey All,

Follow this guy here on YouTube for more info on exiting the bitcoin trade. His name is Jordan Lindsey. View attachment 552315
Just wait Elizabeth Warren is going to be in charge of finance. Growth was due to TRUMP business beliefs. The turds will kill the markets.

#6 · (Edited)
Bitcoin is just another unregulated and very speculative pyramid scheme. It's very risky and unstable. It can gain 100% in a month but can lose 99% in one day. Tesla stock is fully priced (not to say overpriced) at this point and the company is now facing a big challenge in proving that its stock price is fair by showing a stable increase in sales and net income (which will be difficult since Tesla spends a lot on R&D to be ahead of its competitors). So every bad news about Tesla will drag its stock price down significantly, while any good news won't increase the price too much...

#13 · (Edited)
Not a millionaire yet. Halfway there. Thanks tho.

"Bitcoin is just another unregulated and very speculative pyramid scheme..."
This is a bitcoin mining operation in Iceland. If this looks like a pyramid scheme to you, you can't be helped.

All my money is tied up in my property. +$650k equity gains in 8 years and now I'm building a granny flat. Looking like $100k in build to yeild about $275k+ value once it's complete. + $2000 more a month cash flow via rent.

I've always wanted to play with stonks but times in my life where I have large amounts of money available a real estate opportunity is always staring me in the face.

imo real estate is way less of a risk b/c it's equity + cashflow. if the equity shits the bed then at least the flow is there. Barring an earthquake that devastates the entire west coast, people will always need a place to live. The thought of the stock market collectively shitting the bed on a whim always kept me from putting large eggs in that basket.

That being said I'm 41 I'll probably do the stonks as my retirement job when I'm 45-50 and have money to play with. Congrats on your haul though 👍🏽
Trading stocks is very difficult. Most (98%) fail. I don't recommend it. I tried it this summer. I sucked at it.

However, stock investing is a different matter. It can be extremely lucrative and relatively safe. The key is to pick the right company to invest in and don't get shaken out when stocks go down. Either with stocks or real estate you're going to spend time. With real estate its keeping the properties up. With stocks it's doing the research.

#12 ·
All my money is tied up in my property. +$650k equity gains in 8 years and now I’m building a granny flat. Looking like $100k in build to yeild about $275k+ value once it’s complete. + $2000 more a month cash flow via rent.

I’ve always wanted to play with stonks but times in my life where I have large amounts of money available a real estate opportunity is always staring me in the face.

imo real estate is way less of a risk b/c it’s equity + cashflow. if the equity shits the bed then at least the flow is there. Barring an earthquake that devastates the entire west coast, people will always need a place to live. The thought of the stock market collectively shitting the bed on a whim always kept me from putting large eggs in that basket.

That being said I’m 41 I’ll probably do the stonks as my retirement job when I’m 45-50 and have money to play with. Congrats on your haul though 👍🏽

#16 · (Edited)
I didn't give any financial advice. I told people how I went from $68,000 to $500,000 in stock market. In fact I made a trading error in March and would be at $900,000 otherwise.

I gave folks resources to do their own research.

Nevertheless, Please please please continue posting: "I came to lose."

That includes:

1) Refusing to take any life risks.

2) Driving for Uber and Lyft at a compensation rate that assures you'll be using your car as your shelter within two years.

3) Ignoring people who currently ARE securing their financial future by taking calculated risks in the stock market on disruptive technology investments.

4) Refusing to be mentored by self made millionaires (YouTube link to Cinquer trading and Investing).

5) listen to naysayers (who will be living out their retirement years in a mobile home in Benson, Arizona.) as if they have your best interest at heart.

The PUA bump will crash when PUA goes away.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
You're forgetting the Feds likely increase of quantitative easing (QE) under Biden and also an increase in fiscal stimulus under Biden.

#17 ·
Product Font Screenshot Gas Pipe

God Forbid Elon musk dies, stock will sell off in one second. Dumb move, all eggs in one basket. Very dumb.

Trusting a YouTube personality? Another redflag. I applaud your success with Tesla, this stock is the easiest ETF to trade period. Even a dumb person like me who can't tell the difference between leeches and leaches can be very successful at it.

I have analyst that I trust , but YouTube personalities oh come on bubs.
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Electronic device Software

Reactions: Jagger51
#22 ·
By the time the third round of stimulus is done we'll be at 12 Trillion with a T... that funny money is reflected in many places.

Eventually you'll have to produce something instead of just printing money.
The funniest money we've ever seen as far as I'm concerned. Pre-pandemic I was already expecting a crash on all fronts.

At the very least housing in SoCal was due for a 15-20% adjustment.

FFWD to this year, I'm up another $65k y/o/y 9.5% increase and the forecast is for another year of 10% gains on my property. And that's without me building on it.

This market absolutely cannot sustain. Real life Monopoly money. Better stack your get out of jail free cards b/c cash won't just be King. It will be Supreme Ruler in the next 2-5 years.

#26 ·
Hey All,

Bitcoin is the biggest bubble in the history of the world. It’s incredible that it’s gotten this crazy. Bizarre volatility in bitcoin and in crypto generally. I expect governments will eventually take action against all the fake currencies.

#27 ·
So funny to see this post again after my comment 4 months ago.

I’ve just started my crypto journey over a week ago. Still testing the waters rn, so far I’ve made $1500 on $900 invested 😂. I’ve now got $3k queued up for my next moves.

These markets seem well suited for financially creative brains that do well at Rideshare haha. Uber has trained us well to see simultaneous angles. Totally hooked on all the chart reading, speculation and strategy now. It’s like a soap opera meets chess.

Not financial advice but from the people I follow expect BTC to top out at about 42k then down to about 20-25k at which point institutions and whales re-enter the market. It may have already hit the 42k (41k+). Lots of analysts looking to BTC to hit 80k within 8-12months, maybe sooner.

For me, so far I just use BTC as a guage. I’m eyeing ETH and VET as my prize racehorses in the long run.

Trying to lock in more gains - already got 10,000 shares of VET at $0.07. Will drop another $1000 on it and ETH when the market tanks and then dollar cost average both on the road to BTC $80k 🚀

And MATIC will be my play money. I was waaay too conservative with that one. Limit order at $0.95 right now but might adjust lower depending on the moves. It swung up like 200% a week ago. Could’ve made a killing. But I’m still new.

just started looking at options trades now too lol... slippery slope 😈

@EphLux how did you fare in the Musk tweet bloodbath?

#39 ·
All of the wild projections for UP investors for 2020 didn’t happen … but maybe OP had a secret investment that actually yielded the riches to buy that yatch? Maybe there is no cell reception where he is?
But I’ll say if you followed the advise you either lost money or had average returns achievable by buying simple blue chips.

#40 ·
Bitcoin hit $69k in 2021. Tesla hit all time highs. Doge hit .74 cents. That’s good enough. Elon Musk is the worlds richest man. 2021 was a good year. Especially for Bitcoin since institutions are buying in.

2020 was even better. The crash between Feb and April was bought all up and saw all time highs.

life is good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.