Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like everyone else I started getting text messages about getting my car inspected and needing a U placard in my car. And then I read that UberX is actually illegal within Philadelphia. So why in the hell am I going to go get a placard that allows the PPA to readily identify me and simply impound my car? I should just drive to the PPA and turn my vehicle in if that's the case, right? Or have I missed something and the law has changed? I guess what I'm asking is do any other UberX drivers use that seemingly ridiculous U placard in their cars?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
NO. Not interested in driving around with a target on my car.

As far as inspections are concerned, I drive in South Jersey and Philly. Since I don't drive outside of Philly, I concluded I do not need a PA inspection. Make sense??

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
As far as inspections are concerned, I drive in South Jersey and Philly. Since I don't drive outside of Philly, I concluded I do not need a PA inspection. Make sense??
It does make sense. However if you drive outside of the Philly are in Pennsylvania then the app will not work without the PENN DOT inspection. The state did legalize ride share for 2 years in the state (outside Philly area) but you do need to have the PENN DOT inspection sticker in order to be active in the other areas. The other areas do pay more so I'm not sure what other requirements there are, specifically insurance.

13 Posts
I'm from delaware but i drive around philly and king of prussia, do i need a penndot inspection if my vehicle is not a PA registered vehicle? My app still works all over the suburbs too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts