Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Tucson we got this promotion for the month of October, promising $16 to $18 per hour as long as you are on x amount of hours. They are promoting this as "$7200 in one month" but to get that you have to work 400 hours!

400 hours in one month, isn't that 100 hours a week? Can anyone do that for a straight month?

·
Banned
1,689 Posts
Here in Tucson we got this promotion for the month of October, promising $16 to $18 per hour as long as you are on x amount of hours. They are promoting this as "$7200 in one month" but to get that you have to work 400 hours!

400 hours in one month, isn't that 100 hours a week? Can anyone do that for a straight month?
Holy crap that is hilarious. That comes out to $18 an hour.

When I started in SF the guarantee was $6500.00 a month and 40-41 hours a week...about 160 hrs a month. And that was for 3 months.

Taxifacts.com.

·
Registered
974 Posts
And worst of all, like so many of their guarantees, it's probably before they take out their cut. So shitty, shitty pay.

And 400 hrs per month is 13.33 hrs/day in a 30 day month. In places like Colorado, that's illegal. As Colorado states a TNC driver may only work 12 consecutive hours before mandating they not be allowed on a TNC service for 8 hours. Of course, wholly unenforceable.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And worst of all, like so many of their guarantees, it's probably before they take out their cut. So shitty, shitty pay.

And 400 hrs per month is 13.33 hrs/day in a 30 day month. In places like Colorado, that's illegal. As Colorado states a TNC driver may only work 12 consecutive hours before mandating they not be allowed on a TNC service for 8 hours. Of course, wholly unenforceable.
I actually don't know if we have any such laws here in AZ. It is a "right to work" state, so there aren't many protections.

·
Banned
1,689 Posts

Ya know...our guarantee was $40 an hour. The most I have seen in other markets has been $20-25. Ours must have been because we are in SF.

Taxifacts.com

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Ya know...our guarantee was $40 an hour. The most I have seen in other markets has been $20-25. Ours must have been because we are in SF.
And UberShill#1 goes for the deflection tactic play! But will he succeed, in his ruse?

Well I think this thread is about the unsafe number of hours being incentivized by Uber, rather than the $$/hour of the incentives. What say you in your own, and Uber's defense?

·
Registered
529 Posts

If you want to make your doctors and pharmaceutical companies rich, why not?
Travis don't give a shit what you do to your car...
So why would he care about what you do to your body?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I dint know. It seems strange. They watch this site. They know people talk. To toss a promo for $18 bucks an hr seems stupid.
In the last month our promotions were around $13 to $15 per hour. Now, it IS Tucson, with a lower cost of living than many places, and that money doesn't sound bad as long as you are hoping that most the time will be spent NOT working!

So part of my question is -- who tries these promotions, especially ones with crazy long hours like this? Anyone have success with these?

·
Premium Member
8,786 Posts
There is also a minimum number of journeys in that table.

So i would suspect if you worked 400hrs but only did 300 trips the guarantee would only be $4250 instead of $7200

·
Registered
319 Posts
This is the first time we have been offered $20 per hour but again they have never paid me guarantee because of their interpretation of meeting all of the requirements always seems to just miss. Of course since I was on 5X last night I got rediculous individual fares. Uber on ??

Attachments

·
Banned
1,689 Posts
In the last month our promotions were around $13 to $15 per hour. Now, it IS Tucson, with a lower cost of living than many places, and that money doesn't sound bad as long as you are hoping that most the time will be spent NOT working!

So part of my question is -- who tries these promotions, especially ones with crazy long hours like this? Anyone have success with these?
That's just it. As far as I know we haven't had anything like the one you have. Maybe because it's users home office area. We did have a $25 per hr incentive but it is easy to beat that here so maybe they were trying to get more part timers out in SF?

How many trips can you do a week?

The one we had was easy. The one they gave you is hilarious. 400 hrs for 18 an hour? That doesn't really sound like an incentive. We have drivers in SF doing that and making a lot more than 18.

So how they put together the incentives doesn't appear to have any rhyme or reason.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's just it. As far as I know we haven't had anything like the one you have. Maybe because it's users home office area. We did have a $25 per hr incentive but it is easy to beat that here so maybe they were trying to get more part timers out in SF?

How many trips can you do a week?

The one we had was easy. The one they gave you is hilarious. 400 hrs for 18 an hour? That doesn't really sound like an incentive. We have drivers in SF doing that and making a lot more than 18.

So how they put together the incentives doesn't appear to have any rhyme or reason.
So do you stay busy in SF? Here in Tucson business seems veeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyy sporadic (granted I'm new). So I'm guessing Uber is expecting to be paying people to sit around long hours with occasional pings. Just to keep drivers on the map?

·
Banned
1,689 Posts
So do you stay busy in SF? Here in Tucson business seems veeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyy sporadic (granted I'm new). So I'm guessing Uber is expecting to be paying people to sit around long hours with occasional pings. Just to keep drivers on the map?
Yes. SF is a busy market. There are slow periods but for the most part it loves along pretty good. Different parts of the city at different times of the day.

I think that is what the incentives are designed for. On the one I was on you were guaranteed $200.00 for doing a minimum of 5 rides. Average 1 per hour 8-10 am...and 5-8pm. So...Monday through Friday that would be 25 rides during the day. $1000.00. Incredibly easy. Then there was another $600.00 for the weekend hours.

If you wanted to dog it all you had to do was do the minimum right off and then go sit in a slow part of the city. You would still be on the system as available, just not busy. Or you could hit it hard and make even more.

So yes...I think that is the objective to keep people online and available. What I don't get is the money offered in other markets. Are they slow markets? Is the money based on what they think you should be making there?

New drivers in SF are guaranteed I think $5000.00 their first month. I don't know what the requirements are but you can do that with out the guarantee here.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes. SF is a busy market. There are slow periods but for the most part it loves along pretty good. Different parts of the city at different times of the day.

So yes...I think that is the objective to keep people online and available. What I don't get is the money offered in other markets. Are they slow markets? Is the money based on what they think you should be making there?
That's just what I was wondering. Are they offering us about what they assume we would make if we worked those hours? Or are they subsidizing us to keep drivers on the streets after the fare cuts? How does Uber make money on these promotions? Or do they lose money?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts