Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Traffic is pretty good here east of the 215 freeway, it gets heavier to the west of it. If ur just starting, I recommend u start in Moreno Valley or near Redlands. Fewer pings but easier to navigate streets. Once you feel confident, same as above. Head to Ontario and see we're it takes you. Don't pick up/drop off at LAX without special permit. Don't pick up at Ontario airport, it's prohibited.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome!!! Yes I drove almost 3yrs for Uber in Atlanta as a avetage 4.8 Star driver, unfortunately my transfer hasnt gone smoothly at all, got some bogus background check from Chkr which strangely has my sons most recent CDL violations on my MVR, Ive never had a CDL. Whats crazier than that, Lyft approved me, no issue at all with background, im pretty P'd that Uber puts more faith in a 3rd party company then there 4-5 Star drivers. Thanks for all the tips, keep them coming, you all Rock!!!

·
Premium Member
10,275 Posts
Be prepared that Uber will create you "As a New Driver" and with hold at the 25% service fee.

Moreno Valley ? your funny.

Have a look at ubers IE map. Why ? because anything south of the Riverside county line is Palm Springs region. But at 25% ... No matter.

Being in Cucamonga I'd say Foothill blvd. and the closer to Claremont College perhaps the better. But colleges are full of short trips.

Pick ups at ONT ap are possible but the pax need to know the drill and met you at the car rental off Haven and Airport Blvd. Drop offs are ok. Just use the center away from the terminal lanes. Not that's harder just easier even though ONT AP is very layed back.

Plenty of trips at ONT Mills mall and you can get a lot of truckers doing short trips. Victoria's Garden, reception is crappy for some.

YMMV and I can't speak for the night shift as I do 12-7pm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts