Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have been taking the first pool ride request but not taking second requests to get full rate on the ride instead of reduced rate, on longer rides. I decided to test the pool ride info from Uber. Today I accepted two pool ride requests from Magic Mountain. Same pick up point so lets see how this pans out. One ride was to Sun Valley and one to Alvarado St. near DTLA. I asked both pax how much they were being charged for their rides. Supposed to be a flat fee for each. The Sun Valley ride said $19.01 and the DTLA one said $27.64.
After both rides were completed I check my trip details and it says the Sun Valley ride was $14.17 and the DTLA ride was $31.20???????!!!!!!!
Does anyone know how Uber determines pool rates and has anyone seen this kind of discrepancy???
Would love to hear your feedback on how your pool rides have panned out, (if any of you are still accepting pool rides!!!)
BTW most of my pool rides have been without a second ping, so Uber is loosing money on those.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
I have been ignoring the second request, as well as the third and fourth request too.

I turn the volume off on the phone once I get a pool request so the passenger doesn't hear it ping.

I want the same gig Showa50 got. I want them to opt me out of pool.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I have been ignoring the second request, as well as the third and fourth request too.

I turn the volume off on the phone once I get a pool request so the passenger doesn't hear it ping.

I want the same gig Showa50 got. I want them to opt me out of pool.
I come with bad news :(
I was returned to program after a little over a week of freedom.

Taps:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But has anyone seen the discrepancy between the rates Uber quoted pax and the ones on the trip details??? I don't see how they justify it. Or are they just thinking that drivers won't ask pax what their pool rates are??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts