Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard this one? Uber expected to increase their commission rates another 5% in January for all D.C. platforms...UberX +5%, UberBlack +5%, etc...

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
They already raised this 2 days ago in the greater maryland market. But its for new drivers. Is 2016 for old drivers as well? Because thats when I quit

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
They already raised this 2 days ago in the greater maryland market. But its for new drivers. Is 2016 for old drivers as well? Because thats when I quit
Not so much quit as get moved on. You get driver's working for 25% you are a liability if they are only getting 20% from you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
major driver recruitment push 4th Q 2015, lots of new drivers expected. Jan 1 2016 those with 2006-08 vehicles will be deactivated from uber driver app.

·
Registered
631 Posts
In my meeting with ops Mgr of dc he told me it would be be awhile before any changes to fares/commissions....for what that's worth........

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not so much quit as get moved on. You get driver's working for 25% you are a liability if they are only getting 20% from you.
I'm already in the process of moving on.

The real question is what is the lowest a driver will drive for before he calls it quits and will people still flock to Uber as they have continued to do in the past?

·
Registered
631 Posts
I see the light, and right now its still positive profit to keep doing it. Meticulous surging and avoiding dead miles.l is the only answer to stay in the black... 75 cents is a tough sell and it becomes unrealistic to make money.....

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Uber is lucky fuel prices are only around $2 instead of $3.50 a year ago or else I would've quit. Brakes, tires, and oxygen sensor prices however didn't go down for me.

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
I'm already in the process of moving on.

The real question is what is the lowest a driver will drive for before he calls it quits and will people still flock to Uber as they have continued to do in the past?
Would go with 25% until Lyft can get market share and drivers get organized and brave enough to play them off against each other for
better conditions.Should be as simple as having both apps and twittering pax which app the drivers are using and which one is getting switched off.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Cutting out 2006 -2008 cars. Hmmm. That's unfortunate. I just got my 2007 I like it and owe nothing on it. Don't think I'd be going into debt for anything just to drive TNC and get harassed by Cops and have uncertain income. I'm not complaining but I have yet to see this life changing money they been talking about.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts