Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any on this forum have and opinion or advice for how one might best expel an incoherent PAX. How might you deal with a patron who might try to force upon you a passenger who has become so "under the influence" as to become incoherent. To transport such person seems to me to be unwise. It has been years since I had to worry about being intoxicated in public, but isn't this still against the law?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I had one, he couldn't remember his house and was too drunk to walk on his own, it's all a part of the game in my opinion, if you can determine the pax will be a problem be they get in your car cancel and move on...If you doing a pickup and you see a few friends helping the pax or waiting with that person and they in coming from a hotspot, thats a redflag

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my car auto unlocks when placed in park, better get that changed. Will start by rolling down a window. Lessons learned. May be best to stay away from Clubs at closing time till I earn my "Uber wings"

·
Registered
235 Posts
I ignored that red flag when other PAX had to carry one woman to my car. I got my first puker from that ride. Lucky, it was mostly solids, and was my last ride of the night anyway. Not much to clean up. PAX paid me $100 tip to NOT tell Uber. I kept my word. When I went to the all night self service car wash to clean it up, there was a deputy washing his car at the same time. We had a great conversation about drunks and Uber. He was all for it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
my car auto unlocks when placed in park, better get that changed. Will start by rolling down a window. Lessons learned. May be best to stay away from Clubs at closing time till I earn my "Uber wings"
yeah, college is back in so this weekend will be a party weekend for sure, i'll be working DC tonight and rva tomorrow

·
Premium Member
386 Posts

Thursday night in Richmond was quite busy - lots of 'party girls' starting their college days off in a festive manner. Oh, where were these hot chicks thirty years ago? LOL! (Yeah, not even close to being born yet. I know.)

I did some Uber on Friday afternoon - kind of slow. Did not work at all on Friday night, but last night (Saturday) was SUPER SLOW. Lots of people out, but everyone was walking - probably because of the nice weather.

The reality is that Uber just has too many drivers in comparison to the number of riders. We are trying to slice the same pie into more and more slices. That, in combination with the rate cuts, paint a bad picture for us.

·
Registered
517 Posts
it was busy last night BUT the amount of cars on the road was heavy, last yr last night would have been an 350 night for me but i think i barely made 270 in fares.

yes their was alot of walking being done but just hang in there, the tempo will change coming fall when it's in the 50-60's @ night and the ladies dont want to walk in there 6 inch heels and barely there dresses

I'm about to review some dash cam footage now, i had some "interesting" ladies in my car last night

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow what a first week. A sociologist dream job. Any grant writers out there? VCU sociology dept should be all over this phenomena and we can be the rolling labs. 98 percent of PAX was Co-ed, and lacking in social skills unless that includes being catty, man they got that down. Does anyone use the term C0-ed or catty anymore. I'm so old. I hope this grey haired baby-boomer survives the Uber star rating where a 4 stars gets you fired. Anybody familiar with the expression "the new broom sweeps clean"? Streets east of Boulevard flooded with black and gold license plate decals last night. Even saw a new Buick Enclave Uber XL...... a 40K+ uber machine? More power to ya brother, I'm impressed. Hope all did well, we are all grasping for the same brass ring. PAX wait time probably averaged less than 3 minutes in the fan, should have really helped Uber customer loyalty. Cabbie 20 minutes, Uber 2 minutes... who ya gonna call. Traffic so tight in the bottom below Bank of America that PAX waited better than 10 minutes for me to move from Tobacco Company to just below Fountain. I think I need to avoid that space, but the surge owns my soul. Still gotta love being able to set my own hours for a part time gig.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts

I worked THURS night and it was nothing but young, hot VCU chicks. I managed to snag all 5* ratings (knock on wood), but there is always that someone who thinks four stars is a good rating. Doh!

Saturday night totally sucked, though.

Maybe this weekend will be better. It looks as though things might be picking up a bit with my day job (paid on commission), so I will scale back my Uber activities accordingly and will stay just active enough to be able to use the platform when I WANT TO do so. With the recent rate cuts and Uber hiring on so many new drivers in the RVA market, it is not going to be as lucrative as it was last winter.

I still hope to avoid a puker. Been lucky so far in that respect. Only had to let a woman out twice along the side of the road to toss her cookies. I honestly don't mind that at all.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have Wawa bags stratigically placed all over my car. When they get in, I point them out. Of course they say they don't puke..what ev'! Puke in a bag..no charge. Puke in my car $200.00 and I run your card right on my tablet.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts

Never had a puker inside my car, but did have a lady who had me pull over to the shoulder of the Powhite so she could toss her cookies. I can live with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts