Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By now we're all aware of the boost drops all over the map. I've been seeing a lot of ads on tv and social media for weekend warrior uber drivers. I wonder if uber has been increasing the driver base so much that they felt they could drop the incentives. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
This is their surge before bored teachers go back to classrooms, bored retirees go back to driving school buses, and bored college students go back to class. There is always a drop of drivers, saw it in 2014 and 2015.

·
Banned
523 Posts
Hard for Uber to motivate and retain most drivers more than a few weeks.
i know you'd like to think that uber can't keep drivers. truth is many of DC metro's 16,000 drivers are are long term. Nutzareus above has been driving over 2 years,
I've been driving p/t over two years. Thousands have been driving over a year. The fact u can have a full time job plus do Uber whenever u want
is important.

UberSaur's prob is u can't find a real J.O.B. while many of us have gainful employment subsequently uber's up & down boosts aren't a major concern.
UBER KNOWS THIS, their own numbers show 60+% of DMV drivers have F/T employment outside the low skill low wage ground transportation industry.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
i know you'd like to think that uber can't keep drivers. truth is many of DC metro's 16,000 drivers are are long term. Nutzareus above has been driving over 2 years,
I've been driving p/t over two years. Thousands have been driving over a year. The fact u can have a full time job plus do Uber whenever u want
is important.

UberSaur's prob is u can't find a real J.O.B. while many of us have gainful employment subsequently uber's up & down boosts aren't a major concern.
UBER KNOWS THIS, their own numbers show 60+% of DMV drivers have F/T employment outside the low skill low wage ground transportation industry.
Wrong. UberSaur has multiple jobs.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
is important.

The reality is, 70% of drivers end up quiting. It's a fast revolving door. Citing the exceptions among us, the hard core drivers, does not make a case for what's happening with driver attrition rate.

·
Premium Member
24,514 Posts
The reality is, 70% of drivers end up quiting. It's a fast revolving door. Citing the exceptions among us, the hard core drivers, does not make a case for what's happening with driver attrition rate.
UberSaur don't feed the troll. You do realize this is Downtown Julie Brown and 'her' dozen aliases, including your clones.

It's the Crying Game. 'She' is the UPnet version of Manti Teo's girlfriend. I think 'she' likes the UberSaur. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Hard for Uber to motivate and retain most drivers more than a few weeks.
I don't think Uber's business model requires a lot of FT drivers; PT timers that will answer "the bell" appears to be about correct.

"the bell" = incentives or surge.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
is important.

This is 100% correct.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where does your 70% figure originate? Tea Leaves? Exhaustion from working ALL your multiple jobs in food and janitorial services? Where are your numbers originating ?
Uber haters tend to make up stats to supports their warped perception of the world.

·
Premium Member
24,514 Posts
Where does your 70% figure originate? Tea Leaves? Exhaustion from working ALL your multiple jobs in food and janitorial services? Where are your numbers originating ?
Uber haters tend to make up stats to supports their warped perception of the world.
Jesus H. Christ 'Julie' just how many aliases do you have?

If you go to the Meetup you'll take up a whole sheet of nametags for your different aliases.

Do the voices in your head talk to each other this much?

Reactions: nutzareus
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.