Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I completed 79 rides of the 75 required in Los Angeles. I also made sure I completed 2 rides per hour to qualify for 30/hr bonus.
Uber did not pay me the $500 or for two days of 30/hr bonus shorting me $680.

I have emailed them repeatedly about this and I just keep getting a lame response from somebody who is clearly not read my email.

Has anybody taken Uber to small claims court before?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Fist off...welcome!

Second...Uber has a history of being able to create loopholes to keep from paying drivers for incentives and guarantees. What was the response given by Uber?

In the future, don't be fooled by the guarantees. It just means more work for you with Uber reaping 100% of the benefits. Read posts on here about strategies to increase your earnings and put them into play.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
I completed 79 rides of the 75 required in Los Angeles. I also made sure I completed 2 rides per hour to qualify for 30/hr bonus.

I have emailed them repeatedly about this and I just keep getting a lame response from somebody who is clearly not read my email.

This was the first bonus...did you have 90% acceptance? Are you counting pool rides as one?

It sounds like you have an acceptance problem (at least in Uber eyes) seeing they didn't pay you the hourly guarantees either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are claiming that not all of my 75 rides were in the "core LA area."
I had a feeling that Uber would try and screw us based on these "zones", so I emailed them earlier to doublecheck how rigid they were going to be. My question was what if I picked up somebody in West Hollywood, which is in your "zone," but they wanted to go to Pasadena which is out of the zone. Am I just supposed to eat the ride back to West Hollywood to be eligible to pick up my next ride on the incentive? I got this as a response:

"For the current guarantee, it would be regardless of which city you pick up a rider. So long as you drive in required hours, meet 90% acceptance rate and at least 2.0 trips per hour."

I applied that to all incentives offered that weekend because they were using the same zone lines. My acceptance rate was fine, Although I did cancel a couple of rides after I accepted them because they turned out to be too far into the hills.

For example, At one point, a rider I picked up in Downtown LA asked to go to Hermosa Beach- which was not in the zone. Despite that, I accepted the ride and dropped them off in Hermosa, where I was then requested several times which kept me in the area for a bit.

What was I supposed to do in this situation? Go offline until I get back into the zone? But that would disqualify me for the hourly rate because I wouldn't be online for the hour. Don't accept the ride? But that would drop my acceptance rate down. Accept the ride but cancel it? Not only would I receive a text from Uber saying that I am canceling too many rides and that my job would be in jeopardy, but that would be a disservice to Riders in Hermosa Beach- are they not as important as your riders within the zone?
This is a no-win situation for both drivers and riders. By limiting where drivers can pick up riders to meet incentives, it makes it more difficult for those riders in areas not in "the zone" to get a driver to accept their requests.

I am seriously considering filing a case with small claims court against Uber. Has anybody done this before?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Did you keep a picture of Travis on your dash in front of your dash cam for 97.889% of the time online and for 98.389% of the rides? Even if it was there and the dash cam was moved to record someone punching someone or holding a gun to your head whilst cussing you a new one it only counts - if you kept Travis in the picture 97.889% of the time. Along with that, there are a bunch of other requirements (real ones) that you might want to read over before you go slinging a suit in small claims.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
I had a feeling that Uber would try and screw us based on these "zones", so I emailed them earlier to doublecheck how rigid they were going to be. My question was what if I picked up somebody in West Hollywood, which is in your "zone," but they wanted to go to Pasadena which is out of the zone. Am I just supposed to eat the ride back to West Hollywood to be eligible to pick up my next ride on the incentive? I got this as a response:

"For the current guarantee, it would be regardless of which city you pick up a rider. So long as you drive in required hours, meet 90% acceptance rate and at least 2.0 trips per hour."

I applied that to all incentives offered that weekend because they were using the same zone lines. My acceptance rate was fine, Although I did cancel a couple of rides after I accepted them because they turned out to be too far into the hills.

For example, At one point, a rider I picked up in Downtown LA asked to go to Hermosa Beach- which was not in the zone. Despite that, I accepted the ride and dropped them off in Hermosa, where I was then requested several times which kept me in the area for a bit.

What was I supposed to do in this situation? Go offline until I get back into the zone? But that would disqualify me for the hourly rate because I wouldn't be online for the hour. Don't accept the ride? But that would drop my acceptance rate down. Accept the ride but cancel it? Not only would I receive a text from Uber saying that I am canceling too many rides and that my job would be in jeopardy, but that would be a disservice to Riders in Hermosa Beach- are they not as important as your riders within the zone?
This is a no-win situation for both drivers and riders. By limiting where drivers can pick up riders to meet incentives, it makes it more difficult for those riders in areas not in "the zone" to get a driver to accept their requests.

I am seriously considering filing a case with small claims court against Uber. Has anybody done this before?
You have valid points and did what you thought was right. But in the end you got screwed, commonly called "fubered"here.

I personally hope nobody gets paid and screwed over, it will help us all in the long run

·
Banned
6,928 Posts

Most of your questions would have been answered if you read the terms and some of these threads during the promotional period. Seems like you're making excuses for not being prepared. The burden is always on the driver. Accept pings at your own risk.

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Is there really nobody I can speak to via phone call to reason with them? I need a rational human being to speak with...
Uber has an office in Westwood on Westwood and Santa Monica the northeast corner. Take a lyft there as parking is sometimes sketchy

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yeah, you just learned a harsh Uber lesson right off the bat. And this is why I totally ignore any and all of Uber's incentives and guarantees. They make it almost impossible to hit. You are either going to have to drive your car into the ground to make an extra $500 or you're going to have to eat short rides in high volume areas to hit a specific monetary guarantee. I doubt you will convince Uber to pay up since you knowingly chose to take rides where the guarantees and incentives were not going to factor in. Once again, Uber's loopholes saving them from paying out.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Most of your questions would have been answered if you read the terms and some of these threads during the promotional period. Seems like you're making excuses for not being prepared. The burden is always on the driver. Accept pings at your own risk.
I agree. You read the terms and conditions, so you can either follow them and get paid, or don't and do not get paid.

You wanted to not follow them but still get paid. That ain't going to happen...ever. Take it to small claims court to give the judge a good laugh.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
My question was what if I picked up somebody in West Hollywood, which is in your "zone," but they wanted to go to Pasadena which is out of the zone. Am I just supposed to eat the ride back to West Hollywood to be eligible to pick up my next ride on the incentive? I got this as a response:

That response from the CSR sounds like a response that would be given to the hourly guarantee that is going on and NOT the special bonus incentive for giving rides. Sounds like you where trying to go after 2 different promotions and mixed up some of the specific criteria for each. After reading your postings I still can't tell if you gave all 75 rides in the core area. ALL 75 rides had to begin in the core Area and Uber even provided a map which you could open up in Google maps and see where you always where. So, if some of your rides where in Hermosa beach then those do not count. you are going to have to spend time opening up each ride in your dashboard history and double check where they started. Maybe you didn't get the 75 but maybe you did qualify for the 50 ride bonus.

I also can't tell which "week" you are referring too. The special rides bonus went on for 3 weeks. If you are talking about the first two week pay periods than you are going to have to go to the Uber office If you can count and verify that you actually did 75 or 50 rides in the core area and your AR was above 90. If you are talking about this week which just ended than they have not posted the final amount you may have earned. you should see that on your dashboard by wednesday I believe.

I haven't participated in hourly guarantee's this year so Its hard to tell which one you were going after. I do remember reading that 51% or something like that had to be on the core as well. again, It sounds like you might have mixed up the criteria for two different promotions.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Uber has deep pockets. Go to westwood , lick their ass and talk sweet,
Let us know how u nailed it.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts