Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
Yesterday I had one of my select riders ask for my WIFI log in.

I quite sheepishly informed that I do not have such without further comment.

What are your thoughts on this?, is it going overboard? or a definite value add?

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts
$20 dollar wifi access fee. You are select driver and a premium service! You have to offer additional services :p They want water? $1-2 dollars!

You always have to cover ur cost and profit though. ;) Why $20 bucks? They are going to sync their phones and if it needs to update over wifi you are going to lose 300-500mb worth of data in about 10 minutes.

Not everyone wants "wifi" but you are going to be paying more $$ per month for ur phone with more "data" and the off chance you get rider asking "wifi please" you are "covered". Even in the hospitality environment everyone charges more for "better service".

·
Registered
552 Posts
Greetings,

What are your thoughts on this?, is it going overboard? or a definite value add?
overboard

mints are overboard

5 star hotels charge for wifi but minimum fare paxholes have the gall to ask you provide it out of the goodness of your heart - probably in exchange for 1* when the download speed is not to their liking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$20 dollar wifi access fee.

You are select driver and a premium service! You have to offer additional services :p They want water? $1-2 dollars!

You always have to cover ur cost and profit though. ;) Why $20 bucks? They are going to sync their phones and if it needs to update over wifi you are going to lose 300-500mb worth of data in about 10 minutes.
Would it then be expected from say an Uber Black?

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts
Some Uberx drivers offer free wifi :eek: They probably run into those monkeys and just expect it.

Now they paying select rates they go "Oh my last Uberx driver had wifi that he offered me. I want wifi in my car." Most cases that Uberx driver was either a select driver or yes Black driver doing uberx jobs.

Basically what happens when black cars want to do a few Uberx and select jobs even they raises the bar for you :p But you can turn it into a business opportunity for "PAID WIFI ACCESS". They'll understand that you have to "cover cost."

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some Uberx drivers offer free wifi :eek: They probably run into those monkeys and just expect it.

Now they paying select rates they go "Oh my last Uberx driver had wifi that he offered me. I want wifi in my car." Most cases that Uberx driver was either a select driver or yes Black driver doing uberx jobs.

Basically what happens when black cars want to do a few Uberx and select jobs even they raises the bar for you :p But you can turn it into a business opportunity for "PAID WIFI ACCESS". They'll understand that you have to "cover cost."
lol...thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts

Have you ever had anyone pay for it?
The type i'm talking about don't want something they have to pay for.

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts
yeah few bought water bottles... I usually expect no. But they say no thanks and we both exchange 5 stars i tell them i need to cover cost. If I see my rating go down 1-2 hours later or get "comfort" or "professionalism" report it easy to guess who it was :p in which case I 1 star them.

When they say i'm going to rate you 1 star i don't say anything after a few second they laugh and say i'm only kidding you five star. Of course I"m going to rate them 1 star if they rated 1. Not a pushover :eek: Nothing free in life.

Not as bad as other drivers... They charge for Aux cord use, Bluetooth Use and yes phone charger use... But absolute shark drivers in the game too. I've haven't loss money on water bottles or any services that been provided in the car... Value is added for those that are willing to put up $$.

I do have a heart and if someone dying of thirst and the trip is over 15 minutes i will throw them a bottle. But not for any other reason :)

Reactions: Apollo

·
Registered
489 Posts
you guys down under must have different data plans than we do. I drive X in the US, and offer free wifi for those that request it. (it's not advertised, but it's available if requested. (Password: TipYourDriver) The tablet I use for the Uber app/navigation has unlimited LTE, so it doesn't cost me anything. To date, the only people requesting wifi were visitors from overseas whom I assume, for some reason, didn't have access to the local cell networks. They've ALL tipped.

·
Registered
552 Posts
yeah few bought water bottles... I usually expect no. But they say no thanks and we both exchange 5 stars i tell them i need to cover cost.

If I see my rating go down 1-2 hours later or get "comfort" or "professionalism" report it easy to guess who it was :p in which case I 1 star them.

When they say i'm going to rate you 1 star i don't say anything after a few second they laugh and say i'm only kidding you five star. Of course I"m going to rate them 1 star if they rated 1. Not a pushover :eek: Nothing free in life.

Not as bad as other drivers... They charge for Aux cord use, Bluetooth Use and yes phone charger use...
I know I've got a one star coming the second they ask for water and then get that look of utter shock and disbelief when I say no and off to stop for them to buy some.

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts
you guys down under must have different data plans than we do. I drive X in the US, and offer free wifi for those that request it. (it's not advertised, but it's available if requested. (Password: TipYourDriver) The tablet I use for the Uber app/navigation has unlimited LTE, so it doesn't cost me anything. To date, the only people requesting wifi were visitors from overseas whom I assume, for some reason, didn't have access to the local cell networks. They've ALL tipped.
Yeah data here around $10 for one GB.

I know I've got a one star coming the second they ask for water and then get that look of utter shock and disbelief when I say no and off to stop for them to buy some.
I say not for free but if you want to buy some i do have some for sale... Or I'll just say no if it 5 minute trip. Last couple of "downrates" been cheap a$$ i can see who can and can't afford it. Going by judgement I'll say what needed. Surprised a few times though when I thought they won't buy any water they bought it :) was like 18 year old kids.

Some drivers bribe and lose $$ for worthless ratings. I see ratings as pretty much worthless the best investment i've made probably in the whole car would be the dash cam.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yes we do have different plans and it can be expensive here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for your input

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Greetings,

Hope you are not monkeying with us.;)

We are a hundred years back from you guys/girls.;)We still uber with horse and cart.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts