Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Deny this in a professional but strongly worded email to Uber. Also let Uber Support know that you record all trips and keep backups and just need the trip date and time range to locate the file.

If you were not impaired, then either Uber screwed up, the Rider chose the wrong trip and it was another Driver they meant to report, or the old Rider complaint for a free trip BS.

Add in somewhere that you are disappointed that Uber allows so many Riders to turn in false reports so they can get Free Trips.

And since you have two (?) of these impaired driving reports, make sure you do have a Dashcam, keep backup copies of all trips, and/or put in the largest SD Card your Dashcam supports.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
Has anyone here been reported driving impaired more than once??

Does anyone have had 2/3 reports made against them???

Just asking for a friend.
Report to uber that you have a speech impediment, if you talk to them make it sound like you do (If you dont) explain that you are being discriminated against ADA laws and you intend on contacting an attorny if it does not stop, explain the pain and humiliation you are suffering at the hands of UBER and its passengers, something you have had to deal with your whole life, and it has limited your ability to find a job and thats why you do uber.

Explain that this is the last straw and you intend to make an example of Uber so that others suffering from a tangled tongue can live a more fulfilled life free of ridicule!

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
Report to uber that you have a speech impediment, if you talk to them make it sound like you do (If you dont) explain that you are being discriminated against ADA laws and you intend on contacting an attorny if it does not stop, explain the pain and humiliation you are suffering at the hands of UBER and its passengers, something you have had to deal with your whole life, and it has limited your ability to find a job and thats why you do uber.
Brilliant

·
Premium Member
552 Posts

Explain that this is the last straw and you intend to make an example of Uber so that others suffering from a tangled tongue can live a more fulfilled life free of ridicule!
holly shiz i commend you Sir..

·
Premium Member
Cheapest SUV I can find for the Black Market
7,997 Posts
That's one hell of an idea!!!

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts

Uber could care less about a driver's ADA rights. Uber only makes like they care with passengers ADA, cuz it's the right thing to do.

Uber cares about going public so they can all get their bonuses. Period.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the answers/help I appreciate it, and YES I do have 3 Dashcams inside my car and, and yes I do have all the videos from that day, and I can even get a blood test done to proof there's no alcohol/drugs in my body, and also uber records our speed/brake/acceleration habits and they know some of us are really good drivers, including my self obviously, my score is 4.93 I don't think this is the score of someone who likes to drive impaired, I did send a very lengthy Email to uber giving them at least 10 arguments in favor of my innocence, I just hate to have to go thru this again.

I just wonder if there could be another way to get this type of situation solved, in which we didn't lose a day or two worth of work, I mean I got this yesterday Saturday night, so now I'm loosing Sunday which means that I won't get to hit my 75$ bonus and on top of that I won't make my usual 100-120$ that I could easily make on a Sunday, not to mention that today there was a lot of surge around, this just sucks, then again who said life was easy/fare LOL.

Deny this in a professional but strongly worded email to Uber. Also let Uber Support know that you record all trips and keep backups and just need the trip date and time range to locate the file.

If you were not impaired, then either Uber screwed up, the Rider chose the wrong trip and it was another Driver they meant to report, or the old Rider complaint for a free trip BS.

Add in somewhere that you are disappointed that Uber allows so many Riders to turn in false reports so they can get Free Trips.

And since you have two (?) of these impaired driving reports, make sure you do have a Dashcam, keep backup copies of all trips, and/or put in the largest SD Card your Dashcam supports.

Good luck.
Thanks for all the answers/help I appreciate it, and YES I do have 3 Dashcams inside my car and, and yes I do have all the videos from that day, and I can even get a blood test done to proof there's no alcohol/drugs in my body, and also uber records our speed/brake/acceleration habits and they know some of us are really good drivers, including my self obviously, my score is 4.93 I don't think this is the score of someone who likes to drive impaired, I did send a very lengthy Email to uber giving them at least 10 arguments in favor of my innocence, I just hate to have to go thru this again.

I just wonder if there could be another way to get this type of situation solved, in which we didn't lose a day or two worth of work, I mean I got this yesterday Saturday night, so now I'm loosing Sunday which means that I won't get to hit my 75$ bonus and on top of that I won't make my usual 100-120$ that I could easily make on a Sunday, not to mention that today there was a lot of surge around, this just sucks, then again who said life was easy/fare LOL.

·
Premium Member
10,753 Posts

Your only true recourse is to sue UBER for pax info because they will not willingly give it to you. They will decommission all of your accounts for doing this. Then you can sue the pax for slander and or libel. Make sure to charge for future earnings lost for two years. Hope you have a good attorney cuz you get nothing if you lose.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your only true recourse is to sue UBER for pax info because they will not willingly give it to you. They will decommission all of your accounts for doing this. Then you can sue the pax for slander and or libel. Make sure to charge for future earnings lost for two years. Hope you have a good attorney cuz you get nothing if you lose.
They already reactivated my account, and I am officially looking for another full time job, I won't be taking this shit all the time

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For Uber to take these serious, they should require pax to notify the proper authorities. It's one thing for the pax to lie to Uber it's another form them to lie to police.
I completely agree with you, there should be another way to treat this type of accusations, DUI is a serious CRIME and therefore a very serious ACCUSATION, Uber cannot just take a passengers word for it, I mean if a driver was really driving impaired then passengers would ask them to stop the vehicle immediately and then they would leave the car on the spot, they wouldn't just let the driver finished the ride and then accuse them with uber, I think that alone proofs the passengers only want a free ride, besides aren't we supposed to be innocent until proven otherwise.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm going through same exact thing. How long did you have to wait for reactivation and what did you have to do?
I'm going through same exact thing. How long did you have to wait for reactivation and what did you have to do?
Told them the truth, that I was not driving impaired, and that I have 3 Dashcams inside the car, and that the passenger only wanted a free ride.

Don't worry about it too much, is not worth it, even if it has happened before, they should reactivate your account within 1-2 days, and that's because by state law, if someone reports that you're driving impaired, uber has to mandatorily conduct an investigation and wait at least a day or two before they can let you drive again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.