Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a call a week ago took these 2 guys to riverside both Mexican one couldn't speak English the other was ok in the middle of the ride I start thinking if they were illegal and they check in the check point going 15 north
Am I going to be responsible for carrying illegals or since they order uber I am safe ?

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I had a call a week ago took these 2 guys to riverside both Mexican one couldn't speak English the other was ok in the middle of the ride I start thinking if they were illegal and they check in the check point going 15 north
Am I going to be responsible for carrying illegals or since they order uber I am safe ?
I wouldn't drive them through a checkpoint.

·
Premium Member
3,946 Posts
Interesting...

If you got a personal call as opposed to a normal request and one or both were illegal, you would probably have a problem.

A normal request.... I don't think you'd have to worry about those heavily armed agents breaking out Mr. Glove to do an extra thorough search for evidence against you. The government would have to prove that you were standing right next to them when the request came in.

I'd take them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If they were illegal that makes you a coyote:D
It's not your job to ask for immigration status. So no you will not be in any trouble.
If someone commits a crime and orders Uber as the getaway car (like the commercial) you can't be responsible for that crime. Unless you were in on it.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
your in socal. 5-8% illegal. Probably of the Uber rideship you are 2x more prev. so at minimum you are coyote 1 in 10 rides...get over it. If Pax is brown probably coin toss. You are not ICE. They don't bite....bedbugs maybe but uber on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts