Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i already started tipping bartenders with" thanks 5 stars for you " in the tip line.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I drove a guy on Friday night who at the end of the ride asks me (it was his first Uber drive):
-Hey, I wanted to tip you but I read somewhere online that if I do, you will give me bad stars.
Me: You probably mean low rating, like 1 or 2 stars?
Him: Yeah, I think so
Me: Are you serious?!! This is absolutely not true!
Then I gave him example about tipping his bartender and not tipping the driver who got him home safely.
He said: That's what I thought. I thought it sounded strange.
Me: Even though uber says no tip necessary, we, drivers do love tips and will give you 5 star rating unless you're drunk obnoxious pulling the steering wheel puking in my car person.
He gave me $3 tip on a very short $5 ride.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Ok so on that topic let me chime in and tell you a conversation I had with a pax :

kid : so do u smoke weed ??
me : no
kid : so the tip is included right ??
me : (I usually never turn around but I wanted to see his face) absolutely wrong ..where did u hear this (thinking : this guy is on a $ 5.36 ride ..where possibly is a tip included ?? , please pass me the crack pipe ....)
kid : ohhh ok I didn't know that ?? (me thinking : really ?? on a $ 5.36 ride ...again pass me the crack pipe..).
The policy on tipping with Uber is absolutely wrong , thats why many drivers are shifting or doing Lyft or both ..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ellenhu...le-use-uber-but-lyfts-users-are-more-engaged/

Lyft's users (that is, people who have the Lyft app downloaded on their phone) are more likely to open the app than Uber users are likely to open the Uber app, according to an analysis from Wefi. And the percentage of Uber users who also have Lyft installed has jumped significantly in recent months, which could indicate Lyft is eating into Uber's market share. It's somewhat inconclusive data, but it hints at the dynamics playing out between Uber and Lyft, who have been battling each other since 2012 for riders, drivers and revenue.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For those who doesn't click Nitedriver's link, here's the explanation of the graph:
"The percentage of Uber users who have Lyft installed (shown in green) has grown in the first four month of 2015, according to data from Wefi."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts