Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya guess I should have said that. I know 294 is there. But the entire time I was on 88 it said 294.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Ya guess I should have said that. I know 294 is there. But the entire time I was on 88 it said 294.
Sometimes you have to totally exit navigation and re-start it. My phone will occasionally downshift from 4G to 3G. When it goes to 3G, the darn thing can't navigate crisply. It words will list me as being on a street that I was on 10 minutes ago...but the map showing my location is accurate. I also keep Wi-Fi OFF when driving because the same thing happens when I'm passing a McDonalds, Home Depot, Denny's, or other places where their Wi-Fi reaches out and tries to connect with you. This totally screws up my navigation. It could be because I'm on an "old" Samsung S4 (Sprint).

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Sometimes you have to totally exit navigation and re-start it. My phone will occasionally downshift from 4G to 3G. When it goes to 3G, the darn thing can't navigate crisply. It words will list me as being on a street that I was on 10 minutes ago...but the map showing my location is accurate. I also keep Wi-Fi OFF when driving because the same thing happens when I'm passing a McDonalds, Home Depot, Denny's, or other places where their Wi-Fi reaches out and tries to connect with you. This totally screws up my navigation. It could be because I'm on an "old" Samsung S4 (Sprint).
Keeping WiFi on can also cause you to miss pings or not be able to accept them if the signal is to weak. I've missed guarantees because of this. I usually turn off WiFi but forgetting to turn it back on at home is putting me over my data limit this month.
I drive that stretch of I-88 and Butterfield many times a day and it's almost as bad as the Loop if you have WiFi on.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had several issues with GPS yesterday, I uninstalled Google Maps and re installed, no dice, kept losing GPS all day yesterday, in several different areas.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Keeping WiFi on can also cause you to miss pings or not be able to accept them if the signal is to weak. I've missed guarantees because of this. I usually turn off WiFi but forgetting to turn it back on at home is putting me over my data limit this month.
I drive that stretch of I-88 and Butterfield many times a day and it's almost as bad as the Loop if you have WiFi on.
How true! It's to the point now where before leaving the house to drive, I feel like an airplane pilot preparing for take-off. Bottled Water?-Check! / Air Deodorizer Germ Killer ready? - Check! / Phone Sound On, and on Max Volume? - Check! / Wi-Fi Off? - Check! / On 4G-LTE? - Check! / Car Washed? - Check! / Non-Offensive radio station pre-selected? - Check!.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had several issues with GPS yesterday, I uninstalled Google Maps and re installed, no dice, kept losing GPS all day yesterday, in several different areas.
Same here, GPS issues all day yesterday kept dropping out, Happened once during a pool ride in an unfamiliar area, Flying blind had to reach out to the Pax for directions, I hate that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This happened to me yesterday three times I think, First one tried to answer and couldn't and it expired, Second one pinged a couple times and disappeared, Third one I answered, Said it was acquiring then disappeared. Going to try shutting off WiFi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts