Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first time they just flat out didn't pay me for the prior week I worked. The second time they tell me something is wrong with bank account that I've been using for 5 years and have three other direct deposits to that account. I get an email saying they mailed me a check. Then I get an email saying that they didn't mail a check. Then I got an email that they mailed me a check. Then I got a phone call saying that they DID NOT mail a check. But none of the times did the reps tell me WHEN I will be getting it!!! Today they haven't responded to my emails at all! In spite of all the hang ups that come along w/ driving Uber they could at the very least have payroll in tact and resolve pay matters quickly. This really put me in a bind and destroyed my chances of making money for next week's pay. I'm done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feel you on the issue, the very same thing is happening to me the bank says it was returned due to my name not matching and uber stopped replying to my emails on Thursday

·
Registered
504 Posts
The first time they just flat out didn't pay me for the prior week I worked. The second time they tell me something is wrong with bank account that I've been using for 5 years and have three other direct deposits to that account. I get an email saying they mailed me a check. Then I get an email saying that they didn't mail a check. Then I got an email that they mailed me a check. Then I got a phone call saying that they DID NOT mail a check. But none of the times did the reps tell me WHEN I will be getting it!!! Today they haven't responded to my emails at all! In spite of all the hang ups that come along w/ driving Uber they could at the very least have payroll in tact and resolve pay matters quickly. This really put me in a bind and destroyed my chances of making money for next week's pay. I'm done.
Here let me help you guys out. Get a chase account or Bank of America account and stop using your credit union account. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Here let me help you guys out. Get a chase account or Bank of America account and stop using your credit union account. Hope this helps
I have not had a problem using my credit union with either Lyft or Uber. I refuse to use big banks if I can help it. Want my money local.

·
24,221 Posts
You do not state where in Maryland that you live, but if it is in Prince George's County, try Industrial Bank of Washington. They have a branch in that County, but I forget where it is. If you go to D.C. frequently, there are several branches there: [email protected], NW, Georgia Avenue (4800 block, or somewhere around there) and Good Hope @ King Avenue. I seem to recall that there are a couple of other branches, but I forget where they are, now. As far as I can recall, though, there is only one branch in Maryland. As far as I know, they do not have any branches in Virginia or in Montgomery, Howard, Ann Arundel or Baltimore City or County.

I use the Industrial account for all of my direct deposit: my regular job, Uber Taxi, UberX, my own cab company's direct deposits and the deposits for my own credit card terminal. Never have I had a problem. Industrial is Washington's last local bank. In addition, it is the nicest bank that it ever has been my privilege with which to deal. Everyone there is always nice and helpful and always has been. I do hope that Industrial never lets any mega-bank swallow it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts