Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This irritates me more than anything else after 1800 trips. I actually had to shut down one guy this morning who was stressing out because he thought that he could make it to the train station during rush hour in 10 minutes. He wanted me to take the main road, then realized it was packed, then wanted me to take the next exit.

"Look, me and Waze will take care of it, okay? Shit...."

We made it there well before his missed his train. Told him to express his gratitude through the tip option (in a nice way) if he really means it. No tip yet.

And now, you know why I have almost no patience for this types of pax.

·
Premium Member
70,358 Posts
This irritates me more than anything else after 1800 trips. I actually had to shut down one guy this morning who was stressing out because he thought that he could make it to the train station during rush hour in 10 minutes. He wanted me to take the main road, then realized it was packed, then wanted me to take the next exit.

We made it there well before his missed his train. Told him to express his gratitude through the tip option (in a nice way) if he really means it. No tip yet.

Next time
Turn and say" Im behind on my rent".

He will exhibit the same amount of concern as you should display.

Its the polite method of conveying the thought " SUCKS TO BE YOU" to your pax.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry, if someone expects me to break the law I would show them the door, and tell them it may be faster if you walk bye trip cancelled.
"They won't pay our fines "
Cheers
Keep Smiling.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It reminds me of when a person thought I could make a minimum 60 minute airport trip in 10 minutes. Didn't seem to understand that just because the interstate was only 10 minutes away, it was a long way to the airport exit.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Worse kind.

I had one come out half dressed on a pool ride. Told me he'd be 5 minutes. Took him 20, he made the other guy late. Then he was upset because his boss told him one more late and he's fired. Was angry I wasn't in the same rush.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Worse kind.

I had one come out half dressed on a pool ride. Told me he'd be 5 minutes. Took him 20, he made the other guy late. Then he was upset because his boss told him one more late and he's fired. Was angry I wasn't in the same rush.
Why would you wait 20 minutes for that guy, let alone 5?

Pool pickups are the one thing I have no mercy with.

·
Premium Member
15,881 Posts
Had a lady get in the car once, said she was in a big hurry.
Swiped the ap, she's going to WalMart. And, a TWO MINUTE RIDE.

I told her to "chinch up your seat belt, close your eyes and hang on - I'll have you there in thirty seconds."

She looked at me all serious and said, "No. No. Really. It's ok. Drive normally."

LoL

·
Registered
480 Posts

I just cancel the ride say get out and leave

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
whats the incentive to rush and possibly get in an accident or ticket? hell we make less money with short cuts and less time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.